Bad language / Player names / bots

pot

Is there a trigger I can set to warn or kick players who repeatedly type in fowl and abusive language whilst playing?

When players join the server there names don't appear on the screen is there a line that needs to be added to the cfg files to enable this, also Ive read on the internet that bots can be used on COD4 servers, My clan wants to train together on the same side and I was thinking of using bots to play against are these a good thing / bad thing, legal / illegal, any good for training (I used to play Counter Strike and I know bots were used)

Many Thanks

Edited by pot

Is there a trigger I can set to warn or kick players who repeatedly type in fowl and abusive language whilst playing?
You need a mod for that... Since I don't play CoD4, I can't really recommend anything.

When players join the server there names don't appear on the screen is there a line that needs to be added to the cfg files to enable this
Could you explain this a bit more thoroughly please?

~

/*Pisi*/

Morkeye works well for me. I have to run it off my home pc as my host does not support the mod. If you run a dedi-box, you can install it directly, and one install will monitor multiple servers. Banwords list is editable, etc.

Names need to be set up in your pbsv.cfg file.

; ------------------------------

; Badname List (pb_sv_badname [grace_period_secs] [disallowed text])

; ------------------------------

pb_sv_badnameempty

;pb_sv_badname 10 server // Sample

pb_sv_badname 10 dirt //will kick the person with the name dirt after 10 seconds.

RW

I don't know of any mod that creates 'good' bots on COD4. The closest thing you can get to it is having bots that just walk forwards and shoot until they run out of ammo.

bots are just used when you are not playing multiplayer

there are no bots or mods for the actual server like css had

i wish there were then keeping the server populated would be alot easier

my 2 cents

as for bad names just add it to your pbsv.cfg under the folder pb

;Badname List - pb_sv_badname [grace_period_secs] [disallowed text]

Thanks for the above, I think I will bin the bot idea.

"When players join the server there names don't appear on the screen is there a line that needs to be added to the cfg files to enable this"

Normally when Im playing on a server, and a new player joins his name is displayed in the bottom left of the screen ie "pot has joined the game", but Ive noticed this doesn't happen on my server and I have to press tab to see if new players have joined the game. I don't know if there is a line in the cfg file that displays new players when they join.