Qeustion about Master player index

beating-u

Hi pb staff,

I have a qeustion about the Master Player Index normaly you could check ip,s and nicknames to screen players why is it removed from the site and is it comming back?

Thx for the effort.

Greeting Beating-U

omg im a noob i found it nevermind:)

Edited by beating-u

Alias and IP searches have been removed from the Master Player Index and will not be readded. The MBi search function offers more search options.

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-search.html

On the contrary, you cannot get a alias history of a player by his /her IP anymore.

This was a great profiling tool. :(

Would it be possible to incorporate it into MBI?

Edited by capn_smash

On the contrary, you cannot get a alias history of a player by his /her IP anymore.

This was a great profiling tool. :(

Would it be possible to incorporate it into MBI?

Not possible, the MBi search uses ban data only while the MPi uses a much greater database. The Alias and IP searches in the MPi is available for streaming admins.

Not possible, the MBi search uses ban data only while the MPi uses a much greater database. The Alias and IP searches in the MPi is available for streaming admins.

What is the reasoning behind needing to be an admin to find aliases on the mpi?

What is the reasoning behind needing to be an admin to find aliases on the mpi?

one reason is the number of innocent players incorrectly connected to banned GUIDs from incorrect interpretation of MPi data

Main reason was the growing number of admins who do not stream here and do not understand about banning players based on alias or ip alone. Banned players come here and say "server X has banned me because my name is in your MPi" while the caught player is actually located half way across the world. They also ban based on the players name being linked to a leaked GUID.

It's a waste of resources since public users can not see alias or ip data unless it's a banned guid. That is why alias and ip are removed for public users and they are directed to use our MBi search.