leaked GUID ?

PBClaude2006

I apply for streaming server for my clan - I got a denied request for that reason:

Applicant appears to have a GUID which looks to have been leaked.

Can someone explain what it is?

I used my GUID - and I never did anything wrong .......

Thanks,

A leaked GUID means that other people out there in the world are using your cd-key. You should never share your cd-key with friends or family, never enter it on a website, and as a worst-case scenario, should be scanning your computer for malware/spyware to be sure you don't have a key-logger trojan installed on it.

This doesn't say that YOU did something wrong, the problem with leaked keys is, sooner or later, the GUID ends up on the ban-list as a result of one of the users "in the wild" using that GUID to cheat in an online game.

A leaked GUID means that other people out there in the world are using your cd-key. You should never share your cd-key with friends or family, never enter it on a website, and as a worst-case scenario, should be scanning your computer for malware/spyware to be sure you don't have a key-logger trojan installed on it.

This doesn't say that YOU did something wrong, the problem with leaked keys is, sooner or later, the GUID ends up on the ban-list as a result of one of the users "in the wild" using that GUID to cheat in an online game.

I never shared my CD key- In fact I have two - that I never share - I bought the 2 games in a sealed package from stores.

But I have 3 BF2 account (GUID) associated with those key - Is that the problem?

No, the problem is the GUID you supplied is tied to a player in a southern US state. Unless you fly back and forth on a regular basis, your key is leaked. Perhaps best advice here would be to suggest that you run a root-kit scan for malware/spyware. Could be you have a key-logger trojan or similar running on your pc and unknown to you.

Once a key is in the wild, they have a tendancy to end up in key-gen programs, and then get spread rapidly around the world. Anyone using a key-gen is obviously not interested or concerned with who's key they're using, nor what they do with it.

No, the problem is the GUID you supplied is tied to a player in a southern US state. Unless you fly back and forth on a regular basis, your key is leaked. Perhaps best advice here would be to suggest that you run a root-kit scan for malware/spyware. Could be you have a key-logger trojan or similar running on your pc and unknown to you.

Once a key is in the wild, they have a tendancy to end up in key-gen programs, and then get spread rapidly around the world. Anyone using a key-gen is obviously not interested or concerned with who's key they're using, nor what they do with it.

Thanks a lot for the info.

I played couple of time from the US(las Vegas and maybe San francisco) I travel there 6-7 time a year.

Is the GUID related to the key(CD) and/or the EA account (caracter)? because I have two keys, I can switch.

ASking the question - I findout that I might have use a wrong GUID>

I used the number in the http://bf2s.com/player for my ID.

If i used the pb_plist - I get something else...

Sorry.

But now I have few questions...

Can I just resubmit my request with the right GUID?

And I would like to change my login name (can I do that?)

In fact I already have another account which I can do nothing with - that I would like to de-activate - which is associate with my email account....

Thanks,

Thanks a lot for the info.

I played couple of time from the US(las Vegas and maybe San francisco) I travel there 6-7 time a year.

Is the GUID related to the key(CD) and/or the EA account (caracter)? because I have two keys, I can switch.

ASking the question - I findout that I might have use a wrong GUID>

I used the number in the http://bf2s.com/player for my ID.

If i used the pb_plist - I get something else...

Sorry.

But now I have few questions...

Can I just resubmit my request with the right GUID?

And I would like to change my login name (can I do that?)

In fact I already have another account which I can do nothing with - that I would like to de-activate - which is associate with my email account....

Thanks,

You should be able to change your login name in your profile.

GUID would have to changed in your account request, or added to your re-application when you choose to do so.

As an fyi, GUID relation had nothing to do with Las Vegas or San Fran, and neither are close. Your choice to enter the wrong one would be an initial issue, and can be corrected with a re-application for streaming, your forum account would remain the same, only you can alter the forum account details, unless you ask(pm) one of the red-named forum admins to make changes not in your grasp. I hope that will lead you to the path you desire, and thanks for being patient and willing to ask questions. Ask more if you need more help, we like that approach, here. :)

You should be able to change your login name in your profile.

GUID would have to changed in your account request, or added to your re-application when you choose to do so.

As an fyi, GUID relation had nothing to do with Las Vegas or San Fran, and neither are close. Your choice to enter the wrong one would be an initial issue, and can be corrected with a re-application for streaming, your forum account would remain the same, only you can alter the forum account details, unless you ask(pm) one of the red-named forum admins to make changes not in your grasp. I hope that will lead you to the path you desire, and thanks for being patient and willing to ask questions. Ask more if you need more help, we like that approach, here. smile.gif

Thanks a lot for all the fast answers.

It is appreciated.

Sure will do if I have more questions ;-)

Thanks a lot