Scrolling messages in server

GunPaladin

Most servers do this buy utilising the pb_sv_task function on punkbuster.

You need to access the files on your server either through FTP or a server control panel like TCAdmin. Once you've got access you need to open the pb/ folder, if you're streaming to PBBans you should already have the pbsv.cfg file in this folder. If not create the file yourself using notepad, then save as .cfg .

Once you've done this you can start to enter the commands into the config, it is done in this format. Both times are in seconds.

pb_sv_task <time_it_is_first_run> <How_often_it_will_repeat> "say Type your message here"

For example, I would use something like this on a server.

pb_sv_task 0 60 "say This is a test message"

You then add more lines to add more messages. For example,

pb_sv_task 30 60 "say This is a second test message"

Hope this helps,

• Upvote 1

pb_sv_task 30 60 "say This is a second test message"

Just to clarify the 60 in the above task is how often the task will repeat (in this case 60 seconds).

Personally I like using config files rather than using a GUI tool to configure everything. But then again I'm also the type of person who favours command prompt.

• Upvote 1

I'm with Core on this one. Added note, with rcon tools, the messages only work while the rcon tool is being run by someone. With configs, the messages work until you physically stop the server, and they start back up again once you reboot it. ;)

I'm with Core on this one. Added note, with rcon tools, the messages only work while the rcon tool is being run by someone. With configs, the messages work until you physically stop the server, and they start back up again once you reboot it. ;)

So Much Easier that way! Heres the config i have got for our cod4 server in pbsvuser.cfg

pb_sv_task 30 500 say ^2Welcome the ^1[tR].CoD4 HC/FFA 24/7 Killhouse Server
pb_sv_task 40 500 say ^2Martydom ^1and ^2Last Stand^1 Are ^2Banned ^1on This Server!
pb_sv_task 50 500 say ^1Our TS is public - IP - ^2203.14.173.91:8833
pb_sv_task 60 500 say ^1[tR].Tactical Response is recruiting
pb_sv_task 70 500 say ^1Visit our Website ^2www.tactical-response.net

• 2 weeks later...