The Cheat Police: An Impersonator Is Out There

UXO-VS-

Hey all! First thing, I want to introduce myself. I am [CP]UXO[VS]. I am the owner and NEW Chief of Police at The Cheat Police http://www.thecheatpolice.com

Next, I have received a couple of complaints about a player going into MOH:AA servers CLAIMING to be from The Cheat Police. This player is being rude, abusive, ignorant, and a general pain in the ass.

I assure you ALL, this player is NOT associated with The Cheat Police in any way shape or form.

He is trying to use the tag of either (CP) or [CP]

I ask you ALL to block any version of that tag from your servers and ban this player as well. My Officers and Staff are do NOT wear this tag when they check or play in servers. And due to copyright and trademark laws, only 5 people on my staff are authorized to use the CP tag.

A SIDE NOTE FOR THOSE USING PUNKBUSTER AND TAG PROTECTION SCRIPTS: If you UPDATE your tag protection scripts regularly, you need not worry about his. The [CP] tag IS protected and ONLY Officers of The Cheat Police know the details for this tag.

"And due to copyright and trademark laws, only 5 people on my staff are authorized to use the CP tag."

Just my two cents, but I'm fairly sure you cant copyright or have it trademarked as a gamer tag. Court's would laugh that one out of existence if i decided to use it and you took me to court.

I wouldnt use it, of course, but as i said, its just my two cents.

Edited by Fateless

It was on MOH:AA, but I want EVERYONE to be aware of this. Once someone pulls this crap on one game, who's to say they're not pulling it on others, regardless of the protection they run on their servers.

He's referring to the registered name with evenbalance.

Click Me!

Works hand in hand with the following command.

PB_SV_ProtectName [unique ID] [Registered Name]

Protects the specified PunkBuster Registered Name on the local server so that players who wear the protected name without having the correct Registration Credentials will be removed from the server

Incidently, this only works on servers that are set up to protect said name/tags. Just because he may have a tag registered doesn't mean it's protected on my server, for example. If I do not have the protect name setting for his particular name or tag, there's no effect on anyone cloning him.