Service Communication Failure: initialization failed

twoeyedjoe

Get a message saying Pnk BstrB.exe initialization failed. I can play about 2 minutes of the game, then it kicks me out. When it kicks me out, it says "Restriction: Service Communication Failure." Can anyone help with this?

Edited by twoeyedjoe

Windows 7 or Vista? Try right-click game icon and select "run as administrator" or better, select properties and compatibility tab. Run backward compatibility mode to XP SP2 and put a check in the box "always run as administrator" then click apply and ok.

Also, make sure your firewall is not blocking PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe as they need to be allowed processes.

• 3 weeks later...

Get a message saying Pnk BstrB.exe initialization failed. I can play about 2 minutes of the game, then it kicks me out. When it kicks me out, it says "Restriction: Service Communication Failure." Can anyone help with this?

I spent over a month trying to sort the problem of Service Communication Failure. Reinstalled COD4, reinstalled Punkbuster, defragged the registry and everything else that the whole world suggested. Then one bright spark said "right click on the game icon and run as administrator". AND IT WORKED. Give it a go.

Road Warrior got it right first time. Rigtht click on the game icon and run as administrator. Well done RoadWarrior, this problem has given thousands of online gamers problems for over two years with Windows Vista and Punkbuster.

Windows 7 or Vista? Try right-click game icon and select "run as administrator" or better, select properties and compatibility tab. Run backward compatibility mode to XP SP2 and put a check in the box "always run as administrator" then click apply and ok.

Also, make sure your firewall is not blocking PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe as they need to be allowed processes.

Well done Road Warrior, and thanks a lot. Running the game as administrator worked a treat. I have had over a month of grief with Punkbuster and the "Service Communication Failure" error.