Banned for kpitch = 985?

sof2poison

We have your appeal......and at this point will only tell you that kpitch is part of an anti-recoil cheat.

I have contacted punkbuster support for help in identifying the cvar violation in question. The response given to me is "That's a CVAR detection. We offer CVAR detection to serveradmins who wish to extend the functionality of Punkbuster. It's off by default and we don't use CVAR detections to detect cheats."

I would like an explanation of what cheat is being used. I purchased this game in 2002 and have never been banned for cheating and still to this day my cd-key is current with the same guid as always.

I have since moved on from SOF2, but this ban is keeping me from being able to participate in future games being offered in ladder competitions.

I have tried to gather information regarding the Cvar kpitch = 985. and have not been successful in finding out what the problem is..

* In other words -- punkbuster does not have me on their MBL.. 

** GUID: 04cd9fca65089e34aa12d6651c3d30e4

Furthermore evenbalance does not use cvar checking in their punkbuster default.cfg checking.  That being said, I feel it is very unfair for me to banned.

CVAR detection is an added benefit provided by EvenBalance to help server admin keep their servers clean from those who use cheats. Your GUID is on our MBI for just this reason....a CVAR detection while playing on the DR server.

Your funny.....PunkBuster doesn't run a "MBL"......but they do manage to issue those wonderful Global Bans and Hardware Bans.

The MBI is customizable and adding CVAR bans to the downloadable ban list is OPTIONAL. This ban appeal is still under review and when the decision is made....you will see it posted here: http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9115

Otherwise, be patient......and also be thankful your account hasn't been moved to the Cheaters group.

We have your appeal......and at this point will only tell you that kpitch is part of an anti-recoil cheat.

CVAR detection is an added benefit provided by EvenBalance to help server admin keep their servers clean from those who use cheats.  Your GUID is on our Master Ban Index (Master Ban Index (MBI)) for just this reason....a CVAR detection while playing on the DR server.

Your funny.....PunkBuster doesn't run a "Master Ban Index (Master Ban Index (Master Ban Index (MBI)))"......but they do manage to issue those wonderful Global Bans and Hardware Bans.

The Master Ban Index (Master Ban Index (MBI)) is customizable and adding CVAR bans to the downloadable ban list is OPTIONAL.  This ban appeal is still under review and when the decision is made....you will see it posted here:  http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9115

Otherwise, be patient......and also be thankful your account hasn't been moved to the Cheaters group.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I searched kpitch here on this site and I am the only person banned for this cvar violation that I can find. I would also like to add that I started this post to gain information about the ban.

That said, your reply comes off sounding like you have a deffinate power trip problem. "Your Funny" and "I should be thankful" rofl, get over yourself.

Being that your previous post was so emotionally charged, I will ASSume that my raising the middle finger to you will not help my appeal process. I will also add that kpitch 985 does nothing! Absolutely nothing! So take your ban and wipe your ass with it. A simple IP# change should do the trick and a $5 copy of sof2. Sounds alot better then waiting for your fatass admins to get off their asses and fix this shit.

Edited by sof2poison

I have a power trip for saying "your funny"...........while it is your lame ass who is on the ban list.....and not me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why is it you can reply to this post in less than 5 minutes, but my appeal was sent in at least a month ago? Then a follow up appeal was sent. I mean whats the decision making process? Do you all meet 1 time a month and figure all this shit out or what? I mean surely someone has the power to say YES or NO to the ban. After all you are the co-founder of this site...

Instead you guys sit here and jerk people off for months at a time....

Ya u guys rock man...

Edited by sof2poison

I was being nice with you......and I told you that your ban appeal is being reviewed. As to why I answered you in 5 minutes.....I just logged on to the forums the first time since yesterday....and read the new posts.

I will appease you by getting your ban appeal settled today one way....or the other.

Hey mr poison no need to be rude

It takes the time it takes.The admins here at pbbans have other things to do to

in real life ok.

so be cool and iam sure they let you know when they are done

this things take time to investigate so just be cool.

Why is it you can reply to this post in less than 5 minutes, but my appeal was sent in at least a month ago? Then a follow up appeal was sent. I mean whats the decision making process? Do you all meet 1 time a month and figure all this shit out or what? I mean surely someone has the power to say YES or NO to the ban

I can clear this up for ya. Your sorry lame ass was caught cheating. The command your referring to had nothing to do with the SoF2 game unless you are using an outside program.

Whether you got the cheat to work or not, you still attempted to execute your downloaded skill by setting the CVAR.

Go spend your 5 bucks and change your IP cause that GUID is not being removed from the ban list... you might have had a chance for an appeal, right up untill you started to let your fingers talk for you. See ya around, I am sure of it.

Hey mr poison no need to be rude

It takes the time it takes.The admins here at pbbans have other things to do to

in real life ok.

so be cool and iam sure they let you know when they are done

this things take time to investigate so just be cool.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, i will admit my typing got carried away. I aplogise for the illness in my previous posts.

My first post was in the spirit of finding out what was wrong. Thats is what is important here, plse forgive the rant above.

LOL I posted at the same time as the above post, so i didnt get a chance to read it before my apology was stated....

So now my appeal is denied because I have posted with an attitude... Capital ROFL. You sir are what we call a TOOL.

There are no other bans for kpitch violations! WTF My ban was issued in December. Surely if this was a cheat, it would show up more than 1 time.

Enough time wasted with this....

Edited by sof2poison

Like stymie said, this cvar (client variable) aint used by sof2, neither used by any q3 engine games around that i know. The only explanation to how it got in your cfg, is if you used a cheat (old and well known btw). It couldnt have been auto-downloaded. You had to double click on the file and execute it for the cvar to be added to your fine and sweet cfg.

Either you did it or "your little brother did it", in anycase, someone had to do it. Remember we ban guid and not people.

old post but the admins here do have real stuff in real world like someone posted- just b/c u came here to get answers and didnt get wut u wanted the 1st time- keep in mind the admins and staff here do the best they can- U arent the only person that decided to do a nono and ask to be checked up - i highly doubt u would find a YES/No post ASAP- they like to look more into the issue and make sure they do their best for U- the staff and other ppl that play the game- By getting upset and going after the admins wont help u much

:rolleyes:

peace

lmao ......

Yes, i will admit my typing got carried away. I aplogise for the illness in my previous posts.

My first post was in the spirit of finding out what was wrong. Thats is what is important here, plse forgive the rant above.

LOL I posted at the same time as the above post, so i didnt get a chance to read it before my apology was stated....

So now my appeal is denied because I have posted with an attitude... Capital ROFL. You sir are what we call a TOOL.

yup ... sad part is ... this TOOL was the one who was sticking up for ya, :huh: along with another you pissed off :blink: .... sorry to hear about your bad luck B)

If someone was the only person to kill someone with an icicle, they still committed murder. You get the award for having the lamest, most esoteric ban imaginable, but a valid ban none the less. :lol: :P :rolleyes: