Banned - please help

DarKonE

I think I have been permanently banned from playing on SOF2 servers. I have only recently installed this game again after a few years of not playing and am not even aware of where to get a hack from. I have also been using the same alias for years and it seems a different alias was used when using the hack. The ip address also seems to be somewhat different to my own ip address. This is a computer i bought from a friend a couple of years back so am unsure if it has been used previously for hacking in this game. I do, however, know that he did used to play this game. I have always tried to play on the same server as i have some old friends from years ago but now i am unable to get on the server. Please can you unban me so that i can continue to play the game with the people i always enjoyed it with?

If this is you: http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-fb8caf76-vb12004.html

Your key has been leaked and your ban will not be lifted.

Buy a new copy of the game from a retailer - don't buy a key from a key site, and check your system for malicious programs, keyloggers, malware, viruses, etc.

Aww crap... stop being faster than me :P

IP traces back to that GUID as well...

Almost everything the guy above me said is true.

However... on the buying new copy part... that would get you nowhere.

Every copy of SOF2 being on sale comes with the same cd-key (or at least something that results in the same GUID). Somewhere along the way, activision's master servers for SOF2 were shut down...

In short, buying a new game will not let you play again. :(

Sorry, DarKonE, it seems you will need to find a new game to play.

~

/*Pisi*/

That is me. I actually only bought this game from an online store a little while ago, i didnt get a key from a site, it hasnt even been installed long!

I'm guessing it wasnt a great site, trouble is i cant find a retailer in england that still sells this game :(

Thanks for letting me know what the problem was though. I'll have to try and find a more reputable site to buy the game from.

I'll have to try and find a more reputable site to buy the game from.

However... on the buying new copy part... that would get you nowhere.

Every copy of SOF2 being on sale comes with the same cd-key (or at least something that results in the same GUID). Somewhere along the way, activision's master servers for SOF2 were shut down...

In short, buying a new game will not let you play again. :(

New game time...

So i've got no way of getting a game that will work now? :( Is there anything i can do to get playing the game again?

I havent played for a few years and wanted to get back into it! :)

Nope, sorry. :(

Also:

I actually only bought this game from an online store a little while ago
If by that you mean an online shop that sells cd-keys, then those are scams that sell the same keys to multiple customers anyway. Not that it matters with this game :D

Aww crap... stop being faster than me :P

Ceasing and Desisting... :(

Not :ninja:

*shakes fist* :D

~

/*Pisi*/

If this is you: http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-fb8caf76-vb12004.html

Your key has been leaked and your ban will not be lifted.

That has to be the dirtiest key I've ever seen. eek.gif

Okay, so I'm reading this thread, being a bit nosy, and, I'm a bit confused... scratchchin.gif Well, let's say that I wanted to play SOF2, for some reason, could I? Could I buy the game and make a new character or, is the game, for all intents and purposes, dead? Are all the folks playing, all the folks that will ever play, from here on out?

Sorry for the questions but, I just hate to be ignorant. uuuh_2b.gif

Edited by Osoloco