MW3 & BF3 Dedicated Server Files.

Charalambos

Hello there mates ,

I want to ask about mw3 & bf3 . the dedicated server files will be available for download or purchasing ? or is it exclusive from a specific game server provider like cod:bo & bad company 2 ?

Thanks.

MW3 will have public server files "just like MW1" and even LAN support.

IW and Sledgehammer will try the first method again. Modern Warfare 3 will feature free, run-it-yourself COD4-style dedicated server support because the hardcore fans have been very clear (if not terribly polite) in their feedback.

http://oneofswords.com/2011/08/mw3-supports-dedicated-servers-on-pc/

Announced at Gamescom, #MW3/PC will support dedicated servers. Host them where you want, control settings & standard matchmaking like MW1.

https://twitter.com/#!/CallofDuty/status/103990015993982976

Lots of competitive questions from #XP2011. Yes, #MW3 has LAN along with detailed class restriction control + default class creation option.

http://twitter.com/#!/fourzerotwo/status/110502118787522560

BF3 will not have any and will be the same as Bad Company 2

RSPs

The game server machines themselves will be run by a number of Ranked Server Provider (RSP) companies. We do not allow other companies to run game servers, or for other people to run game servers from home.

We try to strike a balance where there are game servers available across the globe, while still keeping the number of RSPs at a level where we can offer reasonable support to each individual company. Since we prefer to work with larger hosting companies, and we focus on countries where we have a larger player base, there will not be game servers available in every country on the planet.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1419188-first-look-bf3-pc-game-servers.html

Looking at server policies from both games I'm starting to take more interest in MW3 over BF3.

Even though I won't be renting a BF3 server with the bullshit "trusted server provider" program, I'm sure the game will be plenty good. BF3 could be something really great if they would let people have the server files and lan support. If they are going to call it a "PC first" game, then they need to put their money where their mouths are. COD is trash no matter what they do with it. The thought of forking out around $100 + for Modern WarSwill 3 is enough to make me cringe.

Lest we forget already.....

Battlefield 3 schedule update. Please read the section below related to your service(s).

Standalone game server customers (customers renting a single instance(s) of BC2 or MOH):

Over the course of the next month, we will be upgrading all physical servers currently hosting BC2/MOH game servers from Windows 2003 to Windows 2008; this is a mandatory upgrade in order to support the BF3 executable.

Dedicated server customers (customers renting physical machines that host Ranked Game Servers)

Over the course of September and October, we'll be upgrading boxes from Win 2003 to 2008. If you have already updated or were already running Windows 2008, the OS upgrade schedule below can be ignored.

As a gesture of goodwill, we will not be charging for the OS upgrade. This is a U-turn on our previous announcement but feel it's the only way to get the ball rolling and get BF3 accessible to everyone who wants it. If you have already paid the OS fee to upgrade, please contact support.

There is also a BF3 support fee per physical machine. Unfortunately, we have to charge for this but are heavily subsidizing the cost. In order to support BF3 on your server, an additional £18 (incl VAT) will be charged; this fee applies even if you only want to run one BF3 game server instance. Accounts will be updated as and when we complete server migrations. The fee is only applicable from the Official release date.

Microsoft must be happy requiring Windows 2008 Server. I have a gut feeling BF3 is going to fall short in the server department.