maps.pk3

F!ReW!Re

Last week kicked for 2 min. for MD5tool issue, namely maps.pk3.

Having been down this road before with no_fog I immediately scanned all drives and found offending file in /maps folder and deleted it. Was 2002 vintage. All drives now clear of maps.pk3.

Yesterday kicked again going to a server for a scrim.

What is up? is this PB or PBBANS or ? Anybody? :huh:

Edited by F!ReW!Re

Maps.pk3 is a stock file, The reason you were 1st kicked for it is because it had became corrupted or had changed in some way bad install possibly. The 2nd time because you deleted it. In order to fix it back up your cfg's, maps, mods etc, Uninstall manually remove the sof2 folder left over ( c:\ programfiles...) make sure your discs are scratch free & clan and reinstall.

In order to fix it back up your cfg's, maps, mods etc, Uninstall manually remove the sof2 folder left over ( c:\ programfiles...) make sure your discs are scratch free & clan and reinstall.

Can't he just pull it off the disc and put it in his folder?? That way he won't lose too much of his stuff! I have heard people doing this so I think it's possible. Just a suggestion.

Yes the answer is yes you can browse your disc and get the desired pk3 from disc. This will not effect the game in any way PB wise... If you havent done a fresh instal in a while you may want to do that anyway I reinstall sof2 about once every six months without issues and with issues like game crashes I reinstall immediatley. Here is a little tool anyone can use to test their installation.

wiser2.zip