curious, what does this mean?

Chicane

i haven't been kicked for it myself, but i have seen it. Just wondering what it is and if people who get kicked for it where cheating. Anyone has more information, because google didn't help either...

I usually see this from people using Windows XP x64.

x64 emulates 32bit apps and keeps the 32 bit dll's in the windows/SysWOW64 folder. PB looks in the windows/system32 therefore finding 64bit versions of files.

I used to get kicked for opengl32.dll a while back because PB looked at the 64 bit version of the file.

I usually see this from people using Windows XP x64.

x64 emulates 32bit apps and keeps the 32 bit dll's in the windows/SysWOW64 folder. PB looks in the windows/system32 therefore finding 64bit versions of files.

I used to get kicked for opengl32.dll a while back because PB looked at the 64 bit version of the file.

Posted in BF2 thread with similar problem.

Unknown Windows API Function [131129]

Dont understand it nor can we figure out how to fix the problem..Please advise.

Posted in BF2 thread with similar problem.

Unknown Windows API Function [131129]

Dont understand it nor can we figure out how to fix the problem..Please advise.

Got some knowledge elsewhere in the meantime. It's about a new way of cheatdetecion, with the API function. But it seems a lot of programs do use that function, so it's in a testing phase. What i know about BF is that there was a specific mistake/bug so a lot of people got kicked (should be solved now). However in other cases it's almost for sure it's cheating (sof2: 131124)

If you happen to get kicked for that api function and you aren't running cheats, you are strongly adviced to contact evenbalance via the ticket support system!

To be honest im a bit disappointed that i haven't seen a good answer here within 24 hours.

To be honest im a bit disappointed that i haven't seen a good answer here within 24 hours.

Maybe you should look around in the forum, there is the problem described.

And we don't have source code of Punkbuster so we cannot tell you whats triggering particular violation.