Which pbsv.cfg?

Crotan

So one of my servers stopped streaming recently so I reran the automated hub tool and all that jazz but than I started looking at the difference between the BF3 pbsv.cfg file that is listed for BF3 in the MCi and the one that gets created from the Automated Hub tool for BF3 and was wondering which is recommended since they both vary quite a bit.

For instance,

The pbsv.cfg that the automated hub tool generates doesn't include the keep alive

pb_sv_task 0 7200 pb_sv_ver // Keep-Alive for PBBans Hub (Do not remove. Will cause servers to appear as inactive when empty for long periods of time)
pb_sv_task 0 86400 pb_sv_update // Check for PB updates daily (More dependable than UCON system)

But the Hub generated cfg also has some lines that the MCi pbsv.cfg doesn't have such as

pb_sv_uconadd 1 "208.122.49.139" "pbbhub1-2" "pbbanshub"
pb_sv_uconadd 1 "208.122.49.140" "pbbhub1-3" "pbbanshub"

A few differences between them:

MCi pbsv.cfg has pb_sv_usessionlimit 10

Hub pbsv.cfg has pb_sv_usessionlimit 8

MCi pbsv.cfg has pb_sv_MaxSendRate 8

Hub pbsv.cfg has pb_sv_uconmaxsendrate 16

^^^ Are these the same things? Each doesn't include the other.

I could care less about things like the Protected tags not being included in both, but some of the deviations in settings and absence of others all together has me curious.

Also is there any negative impact on the server for having all the cvar scan settings put in the pbsv.cfg from the Hub:

pb_sv_CvarFreq 6 //[# of range checks per minute]
pb_sv_CvarLogging 1 //[1=Reg. Log, 2=Var Log, 3=Both, 0=Neither]
pb_sv_CvarWalk 1 //[0=disabled, 1-4=Walk through obtained Cvar lists]
pb_sv_CvarUserPulse 99 //[Frequency to auto-send CvarUser (minutes)]
pb_sv_CvarChangedPulse 99

Whereas the MCi, generated files won't include those for BF games since there are no cvar scans. I guess my question is shouldn't the cvar lines not be generated for BF games?

Hopefully the above is easy to follow, Happy New Years!

Thanks,

Crotan

The pbsv.cfg that the automated hub tool generates doesn't include the keep alive

pb_sv_task 0 7200 pb_sv_ver // Keep-Alive for PBBans Hub (Do not remove. Will cause servers to appear as inactive when empty for long periods of time)
pb_sv_task 0 86400 pb_sv_update // Check for PB updates daily (More dependable than UCON system)

That's just comments we added to explain what it does. PB doesn't add comments to commands entered.

But the Hub generated cfg also has some lines that the MCi pbsv.cfg doesn't have such as

pb_sv_uconadd 1 "208.122.49.139" "pbbhub1-2" "pbbanshub"
pb_sv_uconadd 1 "208.122.49.140" "pbbhub1-3" "pbbanshub"

They are additional hub profiles for when the main IP was ddos attacked. We don't publish the additional profiles publicly (pbsv in the mci is public) to reduce the chances of being atatcked on those IP's as well.

A few differences between them:

MCi pbsv.cfg has pb_sv_usessionlimit 10

Hub pbsv.cfg has pb_sv_usessionlimit 8

MCi pbsv.cfg has pb_sv_MaxSendRate 8

Hub pbsv.cfg has pb_sv_uconmaxsendrate 16

^^^ Are these the same things? Each doesn't include the other.

They are different. One is for the download speed and one is ucon.

new setting pb_sv_maxsendrate defaults to 8 (KBps); determines speed at which PB Server sends pbcl and pbag out to each client that requests an update during gameplay;

I could care less about things like the Protected tags not being included in both, but some of the deviations in settings and absence of others all together has me curious.

They are mostly used to show examples.

Also is there any negative impact on the server for having all the cvar scan settings put in the pbsv.cfg from the Hub:

pb_sv_CvarFreq 6 //[# of range checks per minute]
pb_sv_CvarLogging 1 //[1=Reg. Log, 2=Var Log, 3=Both, 0=Neither]
pb_sv_CvarWalk 1 //[0=disabled, 1-4=Walk through obtained Cvar lists]
pb_sv_CvarUserPulse 99 //[Frequency to auto-send CvarUser (minutes)]
pb_sv_CvarChangedPulse 99

Whereas the MCi, generated files won't include those for BF games since there are no cvar scans. I guess my question is shouldn't the cvar lines not be generated for BF games?

They do use more resources depending on how they are configured and yes in BF they are not used and can be removed from your config.