Otimization for SLI, will this be a hack with PB

Deaths Conundrum aka DC

I have been hearing alot of of people talking about a way to increase their FPS. They are clicking the option for SLI optimization. I have SLI and it splits the information between both my vid cards, these people do not however. It seems that by sending half the information to a card that is not there and the server expecting to recieve information that isnt there that PB would view this as some form of hack. thes people are running faster because their game is only recieving and sending halt the information thus 2x fps. I cant even imagine that the PB SSs would come out properly. Im some what of a noob and this is only as I understand it in my head. What do you guys think? Not wether its a hack but if PB will see it as a hack and should people be warned? DC

Edited by Deaths Conundrum aka DC

SLI has nothing to do with PB. It's matter of drivers. Iff anyone would be banned for using SLI , EB would unban him.

I cant even imagine that the PB SSs would come out properly

It doesn't matter if you have 10000000 cards , if drivers work correctly.

Even before SLI there are many drivers producing black or corrupted SSs.

• 3 months later...

I enable the sli option in the game and i only have one vid card it dosent seem to boost fps it just steadys them out. As far as pb seeing it as a cheat i dont see why it would you aren't changing the charecteristics of the game at all just like turning brass and wallmarks off. I dont see it being a cheat seeing that everyone can do it if they choose. Just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I have only one video card and what I have found out is that when I turn on SLI it will lower my ping. We have 6 servers 5 in New York and 1 in London, Eng. Playing on the London server my ping is around 175 but by turning SLI on it drops about 30-40 points. On a NY server it only drops it about 10 points.

But the way SLI works even with it on and only one card all of the information is still going thought that one card.

The SLI has nothing to do with the way the server streams to clients. If you get better ping with it on/off it means you are probably just freeing up some CPU cycles for your network. Heres the lowdown on the whole SLI humbug from IW developer:

Earl Hammon, Jr from Infinity Ward has written to me to explain the r_gpusync issue. Basically the game's developers are aware of the additional FPS possible when r_gpusync is disabled (set to 0), however because this setting controls the synchronization of the CPU and GPU (your graphics card(s)), disabling this can also introduce input (mouse/keyboard) lag. This is because your input can at times be processed by the CPU faster than it can be drawn on screen. So on balance they chose the default of r_gpusync = 3 to maintain synchronization while still giving good performance. The same situation (input lag) can occur if the 'Optimize for SLI' or r_multigpu setting is enabled.

http://www.tweakguides.com/COD2_10.html