Troubleshooting SOF2 - Help needed

Sir Joshua

post-102757-1141925578.jpghi all,

heres my story:

since 3 week i wasn´t able to play sof2 because of an permanent isdn-internet interruption as soon as i wanna join an pb running server.which means after 15 sec of joining a bp server i get a big freezing lag and nothing works anymore.so i have to quit game and check the connection.it´s dead.means no up or download.after annother 60 sec it just brakes down,interrupts automaticly.so what did i do?

i was reinstalling the game several times,with different updates like goldpatch or nerofix 2 and 3 or even the original retail version without any update, but still couldn´t play when i turn on punkbuster.

then i was trying different pb versions and mod versions.i got working pb and rocmoder folder send by my friends all over.nothing did work.after 2 weeks of trying evenbalance to explain my problem,the only thing they said is: must be something with a little program working in backround like firewall or antivir or whatever.the funny thing about it is,that the game with its all updates and mods was allready running on my pc.does anybody have a clue what the problems solution could be?maybe it hasn´t something to do with the game and i just need a systemadministrator who checks my whole system.i don´t know...

sof2 runs in any version without pb.sof2 does not run in any version with pb !!! and all needed updates are done.u might have an idea when u look at the picture.this is the "freezing screen"thats all bp does.no comment nothing.after that screen i can´t do more than quit the game.that´s it.

i really could need some help..... :(

greez to all

*** Sir Joshua ***

Edited by Sir Joshua

I used to get that alot to when I 1st started playing SoF2....try setting your rate to a diff ammount and try lowering your fps down,,lower your settings on ALL things in the game setup,,also, depending on the ammount of ram you have reboot your comp completely and shut doen everything else you dont need on.....If that doesn't work then it sounds to me like your getting severe packet loss, you might need a new ethernet card.

well tim,

i will have a try.u said u know this problem?ur are the first person beside me.some more explaining:

o do not need the ethernet card for internet.i use a fritz card usb extern via usb.i live in germany in an area wheres no fast internet available at the moment.the so called isdn connection ist the only possibility with 64k.

it usually works fine since three weeks ago.by the way: i still think its a pb prob,because without it works fine.and i don´t wanna play with pb out,cause of - u know why ;-)

greez

Sir Joshua

Witch firewall are u using??....like evenbalance said, i would definately check that....if ports used by pb are blocked, it will not function properly, therefore creating lag amongst other 'trouble'. If you have a 64k connection , lag can be hardcore. Like u said, it looks like a pb related situation but it can be caused by another software( firewall, AV) like EB tells you. Try playing without your firewall or AV (that u dont need anyway when playing online.

Whats your system spec?

hi dentalx,

i do use the xp firewall and antivir(newest version)

my system specs are:

mainboard asus a8n-e

graphics nvidia geforce 7800 gt

cpu amd 3700+

2 hdd - 250 sata2 samsung + 160 sata1 maxtor

isdn fritz card usb 2.0 (modem 64k)

all is installed with the newest drivers.

ethernet on board which i use while playing(we got an network running all the time for ventrilo use)

ist all pretty new and i was trying first sof 2 without anything else.it worked fine about a week.than troubles started.i was probably installing some "sh..."which doesn´t come along with pb but honestly, nothing different than on my last pc.my old pc is still running and sof2 works fine there.thats so confusing.

thanx so far m8

Edited by Sir Joshua

Aight....if i understand right....you have 2 diff pc with sof2 installed....one of them have the issue your talking about, the other one dont? Do they both uses windows scrap firewall?, have the same AV?

At least we can tell its PC related....personnaly, i would drop that windows firewall and get a real one. There are nice free AV available on the net aswell. Never trust microsoft when its security related.

Back to your problem......im just guessing here......but pb updates often, sometimes its hack detection, sometimes its software updates. Be sure to have your pb up to date, last updates dates to about a month ago.....

Wednesday 02.15.2006 [8:15PM]

Version 1.232 of the PB Client for SoF2 has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page. This is a maintenance release.

u can type in console...

/pb_sv_enable

/pb_sv_update

/pb_webupdate

or....

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

The i would suggest to update everything...your video driver, sound card driver....if mobo is old, check for bios updates......do a scan for virus and spyware (spybot or adaware works fine), and, after all that, reinstall the game from scratch...uninstall, go into the root folder, delete the remaining sof2 folder intirely and do a clean reinstall.

If that doesnt work.......well, i suggest a cup of fuel and matches :)

u can type in console...

/pb_sv_enable

/pb_sv_update

/pb_webupdate

or....

If that doesnt work.......well, i suggest a cup of fuel and matches :)

Thanks Dental,,,I was just gonna ask how to quickly enable pb from the console and WALLA !!! LOL , you just typed in the answer for someone else :P

btw, I like the matches\fuel part ...its quick and easy and all comp problems go away :P