Issued a server specific PBBan?

pocketjazzy

Hi I'm pocketjazzy,

I just recently came back to battlefield 3 after a long hiatus and was playing in this server "[uAN] 24/7 Aftermath 64p | Fast Rank | UANgames.net" when the ban occurred around 2:25AM on 12/08/2012. I have tried appealing the ban over at UANgames.net but instead of explaining why they banned me they publicly accused me of being a "script kiddie" and then promptly closed the thread [source: http://www.uangames.net/forumdisplay.php/98-Ban-Appeals].

I guess my only credibility is the fact that I have been a hardcore player of every single battlefield game (under the name pocketjazzy), and have never been banned for cheating or scripting in any of them. I just don't understand if this is just a case of "I killed the admin too many times" or if this is a false positive somewhow.

I took it upon myself to look up my GUID in the PBBans list to see if I was in there, and when looking for my GUID number I did find this in my pbcl.log:

"

[12.06.2012 17:09:19] Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe handshaking failed

[12.07.2012 02:04:34] Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe handshaking failed

[12.08.2012 02:29:45] BC2! Hacking/Cheating Submitted to PBBans"

[12.08.2012 02:34:01] Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe handshaking failed

"

Those dates correspond with what happened last night, the timing and everything. So why is PnkBstrB.exe experienceing a service communication failure? Should I try updating it manually? This is a brand new pc which I just built in the last week. The only other programs running in the background were:

Ventrilo

MSI Afterburner

Mozilla Firefox

Microsoft security essentials (Which was disabled at the time I believe)

Malwarebytes Pro (may not have been disabled)

Origin

Steam

Sandboxie tray service

Realtek HD Audio Manager

Virtual Clone Drive (Disk drive virtualization software)

VMWare tray service

Windows Bluetooth devices tray service

Again I haven't been kicked from any of the other servers I have tried since the incident last night.

If anyone can give me some advice as to where to go from here I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Pocket

I also get these when searching in the PBBans MBi and MPi:

"

Master Ban Index - Ban Search Results

MBi Search Results

Your GUID search results for {MYFULLGUIDHERE}

No results found for

"

"

Master Player Index - GUID Results

Battlefield 3 {LAST8OFMYGUIDHERE}

A match was found for your search query.

Public access can not view clean players.

"

And here is a link to my battlefield account: I play on my PC soldier obviously, not the PS3 one. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/pocketjazzy/

I can post my full GUID if anyone needs, I just don't know if I'm allowed to, or if it's safe to do so. If an admin can give me a quick answer on that it would be great. Thanks.

Edited by pocketjazzy

They have since deleted my other thread without response regarding this issue.

It read:

"I apologize for making a second thread, I wouldn't have if my previous thread wasn't locked.

With that being said I really don't appreciate being publicly called a "script kiddie" when I did nothing wrong. I'm trying very hard to be as personable as possible here and find out just why I was banned so that maybe I can continue to play on your servers, (Which are very good). Can we talk about this issue in your team speak by any chance?

I have just come back to battlefield 3 after a long hiatus and it was a pleasure finding your server. Me and two of my friends were playing last night and enjoying ourselves very much before the ban occurred. And I'm sure it means nothing to have them vouch for me, but they can if you would like. Finally something I'm very skeptical of is if I was "scripting" wouldn't PB have issued a global GUID ban? I mean, I would hope that it would ban someone scripting or hacking from every server, not just kick them and then follow up by issuing a server specific perma-ban.

Pocket"

I have also now been banned from their website and get redirected to this message from the admin:

"

READ THIS MESSAGE MOTHERFUCKER!!!

You have been banned for the following reason:

No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

Edited by pocketjazzy

I have updated my punkbuster using PBSetup from here http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

I turned off my firewall, AV, and malware protection client

I set Origin to run as administrator

I set Battlefield 3 to run as administrator

I set PnkBstrA.exe to run as administrator

I set PnkBstrB.exe to run as administrator

I now have this in my log after playing in another PB enabled server:

"

[12.08.2012 16:21:51] pb_LogToFile = 1 (0=No, 1=Yes)

[12.08.2012 16:21:51] pb_SsLog = 1 (0=No, 1=Yes)

[12.08.2012 16:21:51] pb_SsSave = 0 (0=No, 1=Yes)

[12.08.2012 16:21:51] Attempting to resolve master5.evenbalance.com

[12.08.2012 16:21:51] Resolved to [66.36.231.175] (14)

[12.08.2012 16:21:51] PunkBuster Client (v2.317 | A0) Enabled

[12.08.2012 16:21:51] Game Version [1050237]

[12.08.2012 16:21:51] Not Connected to a Server

[12.08.2012 16:21:56] PB Services socket initialized

[12.08.2012 16:21:58] Connected to Server 96.8.114.154:19867

[12.08.2012 16:21:58] PnkBstrA successfully loaded PnkBstrB

[12.08.2012 16:21:59] WARNING: PB Kicks for Level 1 PB Restrictions on this Server

[12.08.2012 16:21:59] PB Server assigned guid = {MYFULLGUIDHERE}

[12.08.2012 16:21:59] Receiving from PB Server (w v1.863 | A1386 C2.317)

[12.08.2012 16:22:01] PnkBstrB service installed and started successfully

"

dude, just find another server to play on. why would you subject yourself to that obvious abuse?

local bans are just that "local" server only

server owners can ban whoever they want for any or even no reason

you do not have a ban here or a global ban with Even Balance

i would manually update PunkBuster http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

and never look back at that server or their forums

just for the record

pocketjazzykickedandper.png

dude, just find another server to play on. why would you subject yourself to that obvious abuse?

local bans are just that "local" server only

server owners can ban whoever they want for any or even no reason

you do not have a ban here or a global ban with Even Balance

i would manually update PunkBuster http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

and never look back at that server or their forums

just for the record

[iMAGE]

zxUtt.png

Thanks man, I just wasn't sure if it was local or something that would follow me on all PBBan streaming servers. And trust me, I don't plan on going back to any of their servers, hell I even saved it as a favorite so I don't forget to NOT join it.

As for the PB update I did that, and at least with everything running as admin and firewall exceptions my logs look clean.

Thanks again,

Pocket

Edited by pocketjazzy