SF Mod

Guest IcheBAN

Guest IcheBAN

Any of you guys run the modded maps to load out SF weapons each time the round starts?

There is a fairly large debate going around that using a modded map shouldnt be done and its violating the AA devs eula was just wondering what your guys thoughts are.

Edited by (TSS)Hidinfury

Any of you guys run the modded maps to load out SF weapons each time the round starts?

There is a fairly large debate going around that using a modded map shouldnt be done and its violating the AA devs eula was just wondering what your guys thoughts are.

Well Modded maps are an alteration/modification from its intended state . This is a Violation of the Devs Eula . I personally try not to abuse any developers software more so whens its free . I do not think much will be done in this case , But it is certainly not supported by the Devs.

Another thing to ponder is the every growing cvars and tightened md5 rules .I would hate to know i could never play AA again because a mismatch map violation .

Guest IcheBAN

Well Modded maps are an alteration/modification from its intended state . This is a Violation of the Devs Eula . I personally try not to abuse any developers software more so whens its free . I do not think much will be done in this case , But it is certainly not supported by the Devs.

Another thing to ponder is the every growing cvars and tightened md5 rules .I would hate to know i could never play AA again because a mismatch map violation .

My opinion on the AA devs is that they are alot to blame for the cheats going around with the holes that they left open. And then they take away the ability to use the server actor hook for server side mods with the idea that they where going to stop cheats... but they where wrong so while the cheaters just find a new way to load there cheats we are stuck without the mods that helped us admin our server that we pay for.

MD5's and CVARS do not effect it in this case because the mod is only server side with nothing getting downloaded to the client.

The best part of it all was I heard they where saying that they would disable the servers honor if they found if it was running the modded maps... But that could not be true.. They just need to worry about fixing there holes in the game rather then us server admins..

btw what did you edit in my post?

Edited by IcheBAN

My opinion on the AA devs is that they are alot to blame for the cheats going around with the holes that they left open. And then they take away the ability to use the server actor hook for server side mods with the idea that they where going to stop cheats... but they where wrong so while the cheaters just find a new way to load there cheats we are stuck without the mods that helped us admin our server that we pay for.

MD5's and CVARS do not effect it in this case because the mod is only server side with nothing getting downloaded to the client.

The best part of it all was I heard they where saying that they would disable the servers honor if they found if it was running the modded maps... But that could not be true.. They just need to worry about fixing there holes in the game rather then us server admins..

btw what did you edit in my post?

I did not edit nothing , i just hit the edit instead of reply :smileyeatingchoc: