Looking for Experienced ET admins to help setup server

Syntax

I was refered here by a buddy.

Lookin for someone to volunteer some time to help setup a dedicated ET server. Main settings would be XP SAVE, some nifty voice comments(I have a few clips of my own), hit noises, etc....All of the great common stuff. I tried setting it up, but I was clueless. I have no QIII admin skills either, so go figure.

If anyone can help, please send me a PM or hit me up at SyntaxCRK on AIM.

Thanks!

Server specs

A64 3000+

512MB RAM

160GB HDD

I was refered here by a buddy.

Lookin for someone to volunteer some time to help setup a dedicated ET server. Main settings would be XP SAVE, some nifty voice comments(I have a few clips of my own), hit noises, etc....All of the great common stuff. I tried setting it up, but I was clueless. I have no QIII admin skills either, so go figure.

If anyone can help, please send me a PM or hit me up at SyntaxCRK on AIM.

Thanks!

Server specs

A64 3000+

512MB RAM

160GB HDD

Do you want somebody to help you with a pbbans stream or to set a server up for you ?

If you need help with custom sound mods and such i have done that, also custom weapons/skins mods...PM me or visit my forums as there are some instructions there...or PM me there...

HAVE FUN! :D

Have sounds taken care of...anyone have good setup skills? Lookin for XP SAVE, sounds when you hit someone, and UT sounds (double kill, headshot, etc...)

Join this server and tell me if its this you are looking for 194.105.134.113:28000 TibeT Shrine

Have sounds taken care of...anyone have good setup skills? Lookin for XP SAVE, sounds when you hit someone, and UT sounds (double kill, headshot, etc...)

Maybe check out Jaymod..all off those are included in the mod and are easy to turn on off via the ingame menu. I think it supports custom sounds as well but I may be wrong. Have not looked int othat or talked to Jaybird about it in a long time.

http://jaymod.clanfu.org

Maybe check out Jaymod..all off those are included in the mod and are easy to turn on off via the ingame menu. I think it supports custom sounds as well but I may be wrong. Have not looked int othat or talked to Jaybird about it in a long time.

How do i make it had an ingame menu?

Join this server and tell me if its this you are looking for 194.105.134.113:28000 TibeT Shrine

Cant connect, says different game versions. What version are you running? Im on 2.6 iirc

Sweet, was able to connect to it with an older version. Thats what Im lookin for! Didnt play on it long enough to find out if there was XP cap, but if there is, not lookin for that. Would like to have xpsave for 24hrs. This is gonna be for friends of mine and stuff, and I have a crazy pipe at my house (verizon FIOS 15Mb/5Mb) Should be enough for a 32man server.

Sweet, was able to connect to it with an older version. Thats what Im lookin for! Didnt play on it long enough to find out if there was XP cap, but if there is, not lookin for that. Would like to have xpsave for 24hrs. This is gonna be for friends of mine and stuff, and I have a crazy pipe at my house (verizon FIOS 15Mb/5Mb) Should be enough for a 32man server.

Ok thats Etpub running Whaleclient .That server is running without XP save but you can adjust that in the server cfg for 24 hrs

If you want me to do you a server Cfg with all that in pm on our msg board (http://tibetclan.proboards22.com/).Then hopefully we can get you streaming to pbbans :D

We have XP save for FOUR hours. Running ETPUB with ETADMIN MOD. Custom sounds/killing spress etc...

If you want to look: 205.177.13.221:27960 :)

Been foolin around with etpup. What does this mean? At the end, before I had a chance to copy it, it said Warning: Watchdog something in 4 seconds,

ET 2.55 win-x86 May 27 2003

----- FS_Startup -----

Current search path:

C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/etpub

C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain\pak0.pk3 (3725 files)

C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain\mp_bin.pk3 (4 files)

C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/etmain

----------------------

3729 files in pk3 files

execing default.cfg

Unknown command ")"

couldn't exec language.cfg

couldn't exec autoexec.cfg

Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok

...detecting CPU, found AMD w/ 3DNow!

Bypassing CD checks

Found high quality video and fast CPU

--- Common Initialization Complete ---

Winsock Initialized

Opening IP socket: localhost:27960

Hostname: synserv

IP: 192.168.1.107

Working directory: C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory

execing server.cfg

Cbuf_InsertText overflowed

execing preset_high.cfg

Unknown command "vid_restart"

And then the server quits. What am I doing wrong? Also, as soon as I get this running, I would like to set up PBBans Streaming. Im testing this on LAN right now, just to get things goin, then gonna launch on the web.

Edited by Syntax

Been foolin around with etpup. What does this mean? At the end, before I had a chance to copy it, it said Warning: Watchdog something in 4 seconds,

ET 2.55 win-x86 May 27 2003

----- FS_Startup -----

Current search path:

C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/etpub

C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain\pak0.pk3 (3725 files)

C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain\mp_bin.pk3 (4 files)

C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/etmain

----------------------

3729 files in pk3 files

execing default.cfg

Unknown command ")"

couldn't exec language.cfg

couldn't exec autoexec.cfg

Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok

...detecting CPU, found AMD w/ 3DNow!

Bypassing CD checks

Found high quality video and fast CPU

--- Common Initialization Complete ---

Winsock Initialized

Opening IP socket: localhost:27960

Hostname: synserv

IP: 192.168.1.107

Working directory: C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory

execing server.cfg

Cbuf_InsertText overflowed

execing preset_high.cfg

Unknown command "vid_restart"

And then the server quits. What am I doing wrong? Also, as soon as I get this running, I would like to set up PBBans Streaming. Im testing this on LAN right now, just to get things goin, then gonna launch on the web.

Normally the server will give you that message when it encounters an error in your map cycle file. I have never experienced that before, but i will look for an answer to your problem and post back what i find.

The watchdog as stated is WATCHING to make sure you have maps and such in your cfg. If it sees there is going to be a problem it will shut down (OR restart your rotation)

Here is what mine looks like:((It should be the last lines in your server.cfg))

// WATCHDOG

// in case the game dies with an ERR_DROP
// or any situation leading to server running with no map
set com_watchdog 10				// defaults 60
set com_watchdog_cmd "exec maprotate.cfg"	// defaults to quit

You probably have the LAST line set to the default which will quit/shutdown the server. Change it to exec your rotation so it will start your map rotation again, BUT YOU WILL NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT YOUR ERROR IS...

Common map error, the name of the map doesnt = the bsp file name.

OPEN the PK3 of your map, then open the MAPS folder, then look for the .BSP file to see what the map is called. THAT is the name that should be in your rotation. Just a little tip! :D

Edited by **DRC**Sippenhaft

The watchdog as stated is WATCHING to make sure you have maps and such in your cfg. If it sees there is going to be a problem it will shut down (OR restart your rotation)

Here is what mine looks like:((It should be the last lines in your server.cfg))

// WATCHDOG

set com_watchdog 10				// defaults 60
set com_watchdog_cmd "exec maprotate.cfg"	// defaults to quit

You probably have the LAST line set to the default which will quit/shutdown the server. Change it to exec your rotation so it will start your map rotation again, BUT YOU WILL NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT YOUR ERROR IS...

Common map error, the name of the map doesnt = the bsp file name.

OPEN the PK3 of your map, then open the MAPS folder, then look for the .BSP file to see what the map is called. THAT is the name that should be in your rotation. Just a little tip! :D

That is what it is. I dont have the name of a map rotation in there. I just want to run the standard campaign maps. What do I do to get that going?

// WATCHDOG

set com_watchdog 60

set com_watchdog_cmd "exec campaigncycle.cfg"

Looks like it was there. Gah..Im stumped. Ive unintalled the game, unintalled etpup, and reinstalled both, and replaced the cfg files.

Ok. Figured out one thing, which led to another problem lol.

Updated game to 2.6, and that got the server running. Now, when I try to connect, it says unable to load oasis.bsp

Anyone know what this is?

Figured out a bunch of problems. The thing with oasis.bsp was where i unpacked the .pk3 files. I did that thinking possible performance boost like you got with DooM3 (not that RTCW is gonna tax an A64 system). Had to repack to get it to work.

Im behind a router. Ive fowarded all necessary ports (UDP 27950-27970) . LAN works great, but when I set it to go to internet, i cant connect via IP, and cant see it using All Seeing Eye or through the standard server browser. I disabled all firewalls between the server and the internet.

In the command line, does the server IP need to be the private IP or the public IP(of the router)?

which ip ??

if you want to connect via the net to a server behind your own router then you launch the server and try to connect to it using the wan ip ( routers external ip) make sure that you forward all relivant ports from the outside world to your correct internal ip.

eg:

wan ip 213.213.213.213

lan ip 192.168.0.2

so your server is running on the lan ip but to connect to it from the web you use the wan ip. Making sure ports are forwarded or open

HTH

oasis.bsp

In your rotation you should not have the .bsp there. just the name in front: oasis

And NEVER unpack pk3s :)

EXAMPLE: (Notice the map names ONLY, as I am not running a campaign but a rotation)

set d1 "set g_gametype 2; map fueldump; set nextmap vstr d2"
set d2 "set g_gametype 2; map venice; set nextmap vstr d3"

The lan and wan stuff I dont know about :(

Figured everything out. If you guys wouldnt mind playing around some, the ip is 74.131.50.205:27960. LMK what you think?

When the server is set for internet, I have to connect to it via its private IP, no the public IP.