Will This get me banned ?

seq

Hello all,

Im writing a tool which is displaying some tracker stats in-game,

to do it I have to hook some Direct3D Functions so that I can write

text over game. I got told that some hacks use the same techniques,

should I be afraid of being banned for that by PB ? Or should I maybe

send my application to PB, so that they can verify its not a ban ?

I would appreciate any help on these topics.

::edit::

I should add, that I already tried that under F.E.A.R. which is running PB

too and didnt get kicked (well it was just a digital clock text, so maybe

thats why).

Regards,

seq

Edited by seq

Im not too sure about the hooking of d3d but i would deffinatly contact evenbalance about it, however have you ever thought about running something similar as to etadmin which is a bunch of perl scripts that output text via rcon to the server.

it also uses stats tracking etc.

http://et.d1p.de/etadmin_mod/wiki/index.php/

this is for enemy territory however with some ingenious modifications / programming im sure you could make it work for other games.

Im not too sure about the hooking of d3d but i would deffinatly contact evenbalance about it, however have you ever thought about running something similar as to etadmin which is a bunch of perl scripts that output text via rcon to the server.

it also uses stats tracking etc.

http://et.d1p.de/etadmin_mod/wiki/index.php/

this is for enemy territory however with some ingenious modifications / programming im sure you could make it work for other games.

This might be interesting, but Id like to introduce some customizable stats for every player itself, with buddy lists and so on, and it rather cant be server side (as I guess etadmin is?)

Yes this could possibly get you banned via MD5 and file whitelist not to mention the native PB catches for doing a d3d hook.

Well, I got kicked by PB for D3D hooking indeed. But how the hell could I get possibly banned by MD5 and filewhitlist ??? that doesnt make any sense to me.

// the sad thing is that hooking D3D doesnt really give you any adventages if used by cheats

md5/whitelist catches would be only if your messing about with the default game files and/or known 'cheat' files/settings afaik.

the d3d hooking can be used as a viable option for wallhacking or possibly esp w/ wallhack effect though thats just a guess :)

thats why i suggested something similar to etadmin as its quite viable and uses the game's logging feature and console "say" output.

you are looking to make a client side mod but unfortunatly i cant see that happening anytime soon without breaking some tos/eula but who knows :), what you want todo is a dificult task if you accomplish it my hat's off to you :)