Md5 kick

Sahman

Hello,    

May i ask if there is any solution . 

Recently got an amd gpu. Tried everything some drivers some changes in drivers in the game . Everywhere !  

The only thing that helps me and the game runs without artifacts or sudden screen freezes mainly from throwed flashes, is DXVK vulkan wrapper for dx9.

But from a server i get kicked for md5 missmatch.  

Nothing i can do ? Ahh and yes its the only server with pbbans msges . Normal servers with usual pb do not affect me. 

Ty

Not "a pbbans problem" tbh. ive recommended different to particular server admin (like, remove useless outdated scans, it just causes issues for no benefit)

As for a fix, just move what you added to the game's directory - all (entirely legit = non cheat) files regarding "DXVK vulkan wrapper for dx9" as you quoted - to another directory, so the game will still load them ... so you have your bug-fix (it isnt, its just a workaround, right) & paranoid/clueless/aciL0Lprotected/immunetoadvice/banhappy admins will be still happy as they will get to see ... nada 

In general: Games loading d3d*.dll and .dll in general always will check:

1.) game directory

2.) game directory /subfolders

3.) files in operating system's PATH (and usually will find C:\Windows\system32\d3d*.dll)
    ...in that particular order

Foolproof fix:

1.) open an explorer.exe window in game directory (where you put the d3d9.dll)

2.) there, create a new directory, give it a random name

3.) move the files in question to the new directory gamedirectory\newrandomname

4.) add the new directory to windows' PATH environment:

several methods, ex via
    -  4.a.) Windows gui
              control panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced > Environment Variables
              workspace/rightclick/properties/Advanced system settings > Advanced > Environment Variables

add ;c:\pathtogamedirectory\newrandomname\; 1) in front of C:\Windows\...
              ... see  https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm

-  or  4.b.)  ...

launch a  cmd.exe  console-window with admin rights (google) :

C:\Users\Yourusername> PATH

PATH=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

or similar

C:\Users\Yourusername> path>C:\BackupPath.txt

... and issue the  PATH-addition  accordingly, just like:

setx PATH "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\DXVK\;%path%" 

or
setx PATH "C:\Program Files (x86)\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\DXVK\;%path%"

in quotes - Note, these are just random examples,
you have to customize the input accordingly  (here random name is "DXVK" w/h quotes)

check the result  by C:\Users\Yourusername> PATH

ref  https://www.windows-commandline.com/set-path-command-line/

P.S.:
1)  to get this to work, new PATH to the directX addition/fix has to be loaded prior to C:\Windows\system32 , otherwise game will likely find, load and run the default crash direct3D ... just post back in case

• 2 weeks later...