GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN 8a02f1f0

MaydaX

The info in the initial post of this thread is all we have, if your cd key is not saving properly on your system, and you have tried everything posted.

Contact EA on their forums and ask about it.

so if i can get into a game, and play until the punkbuster ban, it still involves EA? ive tried everything, i contacted ea and they said reintstall it, i have more than 5 times, NOTHING, does anyone have a fix?/ an updated way to get into my cd key on ea.com?

• 4 months later...

If you are getting kicked with a blank PB message or you are getting kicked for GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN 8a02f1f0 chances are your CD Key is not properly saved on your system.

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/e...p?p_faqid=14245

I made an application to help inputing your cd key and encrypting it. This also works for BF2 and BF2SF

Read the readme.txt file

Battlefield CD Key Manager

Get CDKey from EA Link:

http://www.ea.com/ealink/index.jsp

If your username is displayed on the upper right skip to step 3

1. Click "Get into EA nation" then click login, enter your ealink login details.

2. The "Get into EA nation" should now show your username.

3. Click your username and select "My Account" under Nation tools.

4. Re-enter your password.

5. Goto "My Games" tab

Then use the app I attached and follow the instructions in the readme.txt

Manual Fix (Advanced Users)

I have tried this word for word and it is not working for me the Registration never changes. My cd key is listed under my account and I have the book with my cd key on it and cases. When I run the BFCodeChange.exe and put in my cdkey and save I get this error

"Application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant the required permissions, contact your system administrator or use the Microsoft .Net Framework Configuration tool. If you click Continue , the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. Requested Registry access is not allowed".

I am not sure how to grant access to perform this task. Can someone help me.

Thanks,

Vincent

"Application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant the required permissions, contact your system administrator or use the Microsoft .Net Framework Configuration tool. If you click Continue , the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. Requested Registry access is not allowed".

I am not sure how to grant access to perform this task. Can someone help me.

If you are running Windows 7 or Vista, try running BFCodeChange.exe as an admin. Right click on the exe and select "Run as administrator".

If you are running Windows 7 or Vista, try running BFCodeChange.exe as an admin. Right click on the exe and select "Run as administrator".

Ok I was able to run this using that but it does not appear to be working when I applied and saved the CD key It said "Your CD Key has been saved and BF2CdKeyCheck executed". Now do I run the EA FIX?

It says the Saved CD KEY is Saved CD Key info is:

x939201000000d08c9ddf0115d11XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Not sure but if I run encrypt cd Key or EA Fix I get "Saved CD Key isn't valid". and this is the CD key that came with my book and is what is saved in my account.

Edited by ReedVince

Ok I was able to run this using that but it does not appear to be working when I applied and saved the CD key It said "Your CD Key has been saved and BF2CdKeyCheck executed". Now do I run the EA FIX?

It says the Saved CD KEY is Saved CD Key info is:

x939201000000d08c9ddf0115d11XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Not sure but if I run encrypt cd Key or EA Fix I get "Saved CD Key isn't valid". and this is the CD key that came with my book and is what is saved in my account.

Ok well this has me puzzled so I just bought another copy off of EA and downloading it now. Im not sure what is up but this is the second 2142 I own and their support is not working with me at this point they told me to wait till a senior tech gets a hold of me. UGGGGGGGGGGGGG. :)

• 1 year later...

The info in the initial post of this thread is all we have, if your cd key is not saving properly on your system, and you have tried everything posted.

Contact EA on their forums and ask about it.

**update**

According to the PBBans MPi you have a pbguid (c909149d) that was first seen Jan 07, 2007 and was last seen as recently as Jun 25, 2011 at 5:16 am

click me

• 1 month later...

I finally get it fixed. What I did was uninstall the game, make a search with windows search tool on any file with Battlefield in it, I deleted it and then tried reinstalling the game. For some reason after the 3rd try it worked. I guess that some file that didnt got deleted with the uninstall process was creating a conflict with a new installation.

If this one really works then I'm going to try this as I got the pbban for no reason what so ever :)

wish they could just delete it or fix it so it doesn't happen anymore to innocent people :)