"Game Integrity" Violation

SansGanja

Basically, I caught a clan member get nabbed for violation number 20006 (game integrity). I've got this screenshot (for reasons known to God and possibly you, the screen is 10x darker than it is in-game), and I know that free'reaper is a clanmember (thanks to xfire).

So, what exactly is this? When I come down on him, I want to make sure he has very little wiggling room. And in the off-chance that this violation can do false-positives, I'd like to know what can make it a false positive, so that I still know what would be an acceptable excuse.

Oh, and please don't just quote the PB faq's for ET. That really doesn't explain what a "Game integrity" violation is.

EDIT: Stupid me, should probably add that I was on Enemy Territory (patch 2.55), and the server he got caught in wasn't streaming to PBbans (boo).

Edited by SansGanja

Game Integrity is usually related to a player being kicked from a server for one reason or another(anything from timing out/lost packets, pb_init failure, and a number of other "normal" conditions for being kicked) The player is recieving that error simply because they didn't restart ET, as a general rule of thumb.

It's generally not something worthy of banning someone for. Especially considering the latest pb update is causing players all sorts of grief until they figure out what's causing it not to function properly for them. Seems to be different for everyone. Everything from firewalls blocking it, to not having it running as a service under main admin-account, etc.