COD4 server new to me

Agent_H

Morning all. Have eight servers streaming and now one of them is a COD4 server. I am stoked but need some help from a game admin or two here as I trust the advice of fellow streamers.

So here is my situation - I got our COD4 streaming fine but the pbtool is not linking up with the server. I have 6 FEAR servers and 1 COD2 server and they all work. I have ch3cked the config for punkbuster and it looks right.

So.... I have a few questions if you don't mind.

1. Is there a command for the server in the config to enable console?

2. Does the pbtool port have to be different than the stock 28960?

3. Does anyone here have a working server config with more advanced setting that they would share?

4. Is there anything that should be in the COD4 pbconfig that is specific to the game or COD series in general?

I thank you in advance and will certainly "{pay forward}" and info to others that need it.

Thanks,

H

*Oh, COD4 is awesome!

1. Is there a command for the server in the config to enable console?

Are you referring to the in-game console? If so, I heard that you need to hold SHIFT and then hit the ~ (tilde) key.

2. Does the pbtool port have to be different than the stock 28960?

Which tool are you referring to, the PunkBuster Server WebTool? If so, then the port can be anything, as long as it's not a port already used. We have our servers set to 8000 through 8010.

3. Does anyone here have a working server config with more advanced setting that they would share?

What kind of "advanced" settings would you like? Are you referring to game server settings or PB settings?

I myself have a "Global Configs" folder (on my computer) that contains all configs for all servers (pbsv.cfg, pbbans streaming, and the random ss rotator.). I then have individual folders for each server (e.g. [cod4] COD4 Ranked #2) which contains pbsvlog.cfg (streaming to PsB - since each game is a different port), a flot_pbcfg.cfg file which contains info for the PB Web Tool, and md5 checks.

If you'd like me to help you organize your configs for easier updating and organization for all your servers, let me know.

4. Is there anything that should be in the COD4 pbconfig that is specific to the game or COD series in general?

Not that I know of.