Blank PB Screenshots and B codes

CritcH

OK I know this subject must have been bashed to death - but I was hoping someone would be kind enough to remind an old man with poor memory about the B codes on PB screenshots.

If I recall correctly (B0) indicates the aplication is minimised and you will probably have a blank SS. (B1) is a game running normally and a screenshot should not be blank. Does this however indicate a screenshot blocker if the SS is blank - I cant remember?

There is also a (B2) but I cant remember what this is at all.

Sorry for bringing up these age old questions again - but I would be grateful if someone would help me out on this one. I have been looking through my endless list of PB screenshots on COD4 and found some blanks and would just like to clear up possible problems.

Thanks.

B0 = Application not active screen capture failed.

B1 = Screenshot successfully attempted line present.

B2 = Screenshot successfully attempted line not present.

B0 - The game is minimized or in the background.

B1 - Successfully received. Can sometimes return a black SS.

B2 - Is caused by one of many reasons (drivers, hardware, bad connection, etc).

Punbuster Screenshot Guide

Evenbalance's Statement on black pbss

Black screenshots will happen if the videocard drivers are old, when the game is not the active application, or on some Operating System/videocard/driver combinations. Also, screenshot detour hacks could cause these black screenshots.

In summary, black screenshots might not be caused by cheats or hacks but checking all the videocard drivers and/or possibly directx drivers is advisable.

thanks for the linky - I tried a search but it came up empty - didnt think to look in the DL section. This is exactly the info i have been looking for. Also I think (but am not 100% on this yet) that at least some of the players getting repeatedly black SS are infact all running COD4 through steam. Has this been noticed before - or could someone be just stringing me a line?