Banned in a game I don't play

I was recently put on the ban list fo RTCW:ET by the LGND clan. This is odd, considering I dont even play this game. The IP is mine, and and so is the name, but I only PLay the original RTCW! I've personally never seen a LGND member, but was somehow caought cheating on their server (which is ET, a server I cant even technically join considering I dont have the game) This wouldn't bother me except for the fact that you put this on this message board, which makes my clan look like we cheat, albeit for a game we dont even play. I request you take this down, or at least investigate it further.

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3441

A-tuin the LGND server admin is a trusted and long standing member of the ET/RTCW community.

I have direct access to his server logs and SS. i added the ban from his server and im pretty sure its genuine.

I will certainly look into the ban, and get the relevant log to check if its accurate for you, but i wont be removing it until i find evidence suggesting that the ban is fake.

Feel free to keep the GUID and IP up, but please remove my name from this, as I have never played ET, and being labeled as a cheater in this reflects poorly on my clan, of which I am the leader. Since this appears as an entry on google, it is quite harmful to possible recruiting efforts, considering I/=AM= don't even play this game.

I ask that you forward these logs and Screenshots to [email protected] so I can inspect them for myself.

One of the things that some people don't get, also, is that the ultimate goal here is to ban a cheater caught in ONE game from ALL PB-enabled Games. For instance, many have added IP addresses from the SOF2 Banlist to their ET Banlist. As the newer projects underway come to fruition, this will be even easier to track and accomplish. Agent Smith may not fall into this category, but it's something we'll start seeing more and more...people banned in one game complaining about that ban being taken to several others....my response to them will be "Boo Frickety Hoo!" :)

I assure I do not cheat, in fact I am an anti-cheater involved in in America's Army. I actually have a contact at Evenbalance, Ken Creedon. This is a matter of mistaken identities; I have ways of proving my status (if you care to email me I.) If someone wishes to veiw these, I'm on MSn Messenger as [email protected] or AIM as ramrod410420.

Agent Smith.....I do not know the particulars behind A-Tuin's logs....but he submitted the ban. Removing your name from the bans list will not happen. Anyone can fake a nick....happens all of the time. However, it is rather odd that your ip and nick both match was was added to the bans list.

As for tossing out Ken Creedon's name as your contact, if Johnny Cheater wrote an e-mail to [email protected] he would get a reply from a person and not [email protected]. Therefore, you probably did e-mail EvenBalance and Ken wrote ya back. He isn't your personal "buddy" or protector.

We, at PBBans, all feel that folks are innocent until proven guilty. Since you claim that you don't play ET then you have nothing to worry about in the RTCW world.

Ok, i said i would check up on this and i have, infact i did so shortly after u posted here.

Firstly there is no PBSS to back up the ban because you were kicked by PB for "VIOLATION (WALLHACK) #60178" before the SS request was made.

Secondly i have, as i stated earlier, access to A-Tuins server logs through a web system, this reports to a webserver directly from all the LGND gaming servers in a similar way to the PB repository system.

The ban cannot be renamed, doing so would be altering information which may later be used in our alias system or by other admins. Also doing so would make the entire system useless, we must protect the integrity of the logs submitted, otherwise any ban at PBBans will be open to ridicule.

If this is a case of mistaken identity it shouldnt be particularly difficult for you to prove to anyone who is interested, however I find it highly unlikely that any person could/would spoof the IP and name of an unkown player in a game that he doesnt even play. It is much more likely that you decided to download ET (its free) play it and cheat, knowing that being caught wouldnt link you since you dont even play the game. However that is speculation and the ban stays.

another way could be if his brother on a network played it? or sister or whatever networks have same ip as host that the only other thing i can think of having same ip :S

another way could be if his brother on a network played it? or sister or whatever networks have same ip as host that the only other thing i can think of having same ip :S

True, but why use HIS name?

I am not accusing him of cheating, i am just saying i find it unlikely that someone could/would cheat under his IP and alias in a different game.