PB Bans Players for Cookies?

spongeblunt

Hey guys,

I'm an Admin for [E)S(D] and one of our newer members has just recently been banned for AIMBOTTING:

ban id 50434

We're carrying out our own procedures to deal with this within the clan but before we decide exactly what the result should be we need to clarify something.

He told us that he has not been hacking and was simply linked to a hacking website by another known hacker, he claims that the cookies from that website have been picked up by PB and this is what he has been banned for. We thought that this was dubious as it would go outside the lawful agreement that programs will not gather data outside their scope but we had another member approach us to say that this was infact the truth.

Obviously before we can make our decisions we need to clarify this so does anyone have any insight they could offer?

Thanks,

Spongeblunt

Edited by fozzer
fixed ban link

Your new ex-member is incorrect. If he feels like he was wrongfully banned, he would need to resolve the issue with EvenBalance by submitting a ticket at www.evenbalance.com

He told us that he has not been hacking and was simply linked to a hacking website by another known hacker, he claims that the cookies from that website have been picked up by PB and this is what he has been banned for. We thought that this was dubious as it would go outside the lawful agreement that programs

You are correct cookies can not run like that, but what he down loads can.

Bob, I think "incorrect" may have been a little to easy on this guy?

I mean It was a creative story but come on..... :D :D :D

There's one born every minute, or so they say.

I think this one falls under the idea of "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls*t!" Good thing we're not easily fooled. ;)