Is this a cheat ?

Oldguy

Hello everyone, I have a question. Ive checked many forums on this subject and the results are mixed.

I recently purchased a new hard drive and i lost all my xp points and levels on cod4 when i reinstalled the game. I didnt know it was possible to save my profile until after it was too late. I tried to contact IW on the subject but basically im sol.

I recently found out that its possible to swap out my mpdata file and start off as a level 55 with all the weapons and perks. however, i am unsure if this is something i could get in trouble for.

I dont want to be banned or labeled as a cheater but on the same note i dont want to have to go through the process of leveling up again. I lost my xp when the game came out before the first patch when i joined a hardcore server so this would make the third time having to level up.

The biggest issue people seem to have is the fact that the levels and perks were not "earned" but for many who have already leveled up and in many instances several times it is just a time saving issue.I personally feel it should be no problem because it doesnt give me any more of an advantage than i had a few days ago it just puts me back to where i was. If i let my kids play on my profile for a few weeks the end result would be the same. I would have my levels back but i would have not earned it "myself". I understand this presents a problem especially when it will be used by people who never even tried to level up they just want to start out a level 55.

I just wanted your take on the issue and i will respect your opinion, Thanks

There are a few ways to level up again without playing I believe, some use a program which in turn PB has detected and kicked for cauing some fuss but I don't think they got unbanned (I wasn't bothered enough to follow the thread when I saw it)

I don't know any of the methods in detail because I have not wanted to level up.

I think the best way is to start again (not that you have a choice) and make your own back up's (profile name/mpdata)

Again there are programs for this if you don't know how to do it manually but as I have not tried and will not try them I don't know how credable they are (might be key stealers) so you can google one of those at your own risk if rank is that valuable to you ;)

There are a few ways to level up again without playing I believe, some use a program which in turn PB has detected and kicked for cauing some fuss but I don't think they got unbanned (I wasn't bothered enough to follow the thread when I saw it)

I don't know any of the methods in detail because I have not wanted to level up.

I think the best way is to start again (not that you have a choice) and make your own back up's (profile name/mpdata)

Again there are programs for this if you don't know how to do it manually but as I have not tried and will not try them I don't know how credable they are (might be key stealers) so you can google one of those at your own risk if rank is that valuable to you ;)

I agree 100% with you on using an external program to level up. That wouldn't be an option. I would rather just start over.

I wouldnt say that rank is that important to me because of "status" I just like the game and i love using the mp44 which is not available until you reach level 55. With the time i have to play now that my vacation is over and its back to work monday it may take me a month before i can reach level 55 again. I may be able to make level 25 by tomorrow then at least ill be able to use the G3.

I just wanted an honest opinion and seeing how an admin within minutes responded telling me he would not recommend it then i guess i got my answer. Thank you for your input and keep up the good work.

PBBans has a Zero Tolerance Policy against any form of cheating. Dust, your post was hidden...and consider this a warning. Please do not post or recommend any cracks, cheats, etc. on this forum.

This happened to me this past weekend. I was Lvl 55 and went to play with some clanmates. Got on the COD4 server and for some reason I was now only ranked 22 but all the challenges that I completed when I was rank 55 stayed. Of course I was mad as hell and did some quick searching for a viable solution and all I came up with was to start ranking up on my own all over again.

Now every time I rank up I copy my profile to my desktop and continue playing. Honestly I am sure I will feel good when I hit 55 again because this will be my second time at 55 x 2 = 110 :D

Sorry to say but the only legit way to rank up is to start playing all over again as I am doing.

Honestly I am sure I will feel good when I hit 55 again because this will be my second time at 55 x 2 = 110 :D

I don't want to spoil your moment of glory when you get to "110" but if we calculate rank in your way, ie adding together separate attempts. You got to 55, then down to 22, then back up to 55

55 - 22 = 33, then ofc it takes 22 to get back to 55 meaning 55 + 22 = 77

If you want to reach 110 you need to get your rank knocked down this same way at least twice more, first will get you to 99 (77 + 22 = 99). Then again but this time you only need to reach a rank of 33 (110-99 = 11, rank 22 + 11 = 33)

That will make your total 110 :)

This is of course assuming you carried on from rank 22 instead of making a brand new profile taking you back to 0 or 1 whatever you start at.

I don't want to spoil your moment of glory when you get to "110" but if we calculate rank in your way, ie adding together separate attempts. You got to 55, then down to 22, then back up to 55

55 - 22 = 33, then ofc it takes 22 to get back to 55 meaning 55 + 22 = 77

If you want to reach 110 you need to get your rank knocked down this same way at least twice more, first will get you to 99 (77 + 22 = 99). Then again but this time you only need to reach a rank of 33 (110-99 = 11, rank 22 + 11 = 33)

That will make your total 110 :)

This is of course assuming you carried on from rank 22 instead of making a brand new profile taking you back to 0 or 1 whatever you start at.

Hehahaeaheaehaehaeaheha! :lol: