Modern Warfare Mod

Metal_Jacket

Hi all, there is this mod called, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Mod.

The claim is that it changes the fire rate of your weapon, from fully automatic to semi automatic.

If you read the readme file he claims

Is this script for Multiplayer or Singleplayer?

This script is made for Multiplayer and Singleplayer.

Is this script PB safe and will I get kicked for using it?

You will not get kicked for using this script, or any other of my scripts.

Is this true?

If someone gets on a PBBans streaming server with this mod, would he be able to join the game?

Edited by Metal_Jacket

Not tested but looks viable, it only changes the way your mouse1 button reacts, instead if open fire by holding it down it just gives you +attack; -attack basically one mouse button press EVEN if you hold it (1 shot/bullet)

You can do this by pressing the button one press at a time by yourself, a script just automates this, don't think it's cheating in this way but I don't like any scripts that affect stuff like this. As an admin cannot see the .cfg contents (only do keybind searches for them)

Thankyou for your reply, would it then mean if the author of that particular mod creates a mod with fully automatic pistols and rifles (G3 and M14), it will be total undetected?

would it then mean if the author of that particular mod creates a mod with fully automatic pistols and rifles (G3 and M14), it will be total undetected?

It's a bind tweak, not a change to the game as developed so what you are stating there is IMPOSSIBLE with his kind of 'mod'

It's a .cfg file and I don't really class those as a mod although they are to a degree and I guess it's personal opinion ;)

These little cfg files are not cheats, although they can be a bit unfair, if you see and dislike them on your server just warn/local ban, I don't think it's much problem though (some are don't get me wrong, like the one that gave rapid fire in CoD2 due to a glitch, but they are take them as they come...)

• 3 weeks later...

Config files are not mods - they change the settings of the games CVAR and DVARs

which them settings can get you kicked if improperly set or if it uses settings to unlock Cheat Protected Dvars Banned

by PB

Mods are Server Side for most part

and the client side files will download to your mods/modname folder and will not be kicked for pb as they dont affect gameplay on any servers but the one that mod is linked to

meaning no matter what kind of mod is in your mods folder it will not run unless you are on that server

i have seen kicks though for files in the mods folder - MD5 Hash mismatch

or some lame fool tried to put a cheat in that folder thinking it will not get caught

dont know for sure can only speculate but pb can pick up cheat files in the mods folder

Fair Warning

Edited by Lt Cmdr Magnum