Cvar r_lodscalerigid

Death's Friend

I have a clan member that keeps getting kicked while playing on pbservers, usually with the modded Cal scrim PAM4 mod. The kick is for Cvar r_lodscalerigid. I found a fix for it, you just have to set it =1 in the console, but for some reason, everytime he goes back into the game, it does the same thing. He has to manually re-enter that Cvar everytime he enters a server or get kicked if he's not fast enough. We checked the config file and it has it set to 1. Any ideas?

-Death's Friend

Edited by Death's Friend

Here's a fix one of my guys posted for it:

http://www.redhour.info/rhforums/showthread.php?t=2422

This works for some, others it does not, and will default back to a setting to match their in game panel graphic settings, so in order to get it to stay at 1, they have to go to the in game panel, and adjust their graphics/textures to a higher level.

The biggest problem with forcing it to 1 is it causes people with lower end machines to have such a low FPS that it makes the game unplayable.

I checked in the cfgs for both PBBans, and PsB, and that particular cvar check, and one other have been removed, unless I am mssing them.

TWL forces it to be "IN 1", but we are trying to get them to change their cfg to allow a setting of 2 and write their cfg to read "IN 1 2"

I have a clan member that keeps getting kicked while playing on pbservers, usually with the modded Cal scrim PAM4 mod. The kick is for Cvar r_lodscalerigid. I found a fix for it, you just have to set it =1 in the console, but for some reason, everytime he goes back into the game, it does the same thing. He has to manually re-enter that Cvar everytime he enters a server or get kicked if he's not fast enough. We checked the config file and it has it set to 1. Any ideas?

-Death's Friend

Does your friend have multiple profiles?

Did you check ALL the config_mp.cfgs ( there's 1 in each profile )?

The config_mp.cfg is for multi-player and the config.cfg is for single-player.