What gets streamed?

wraithwingus

I figure i might take some heat for posting this but there are some things about streaming that I just dont get. I am rather new and I am not geek enough to understand all the terms and stuff. I have read the FAQ's and since i am only goign to stream my COD4 server i figure this was the best place to post my qestions.

When I start streaming, I realize i am pulling information such as ban list and stuff but what else do I get?

Does this information get written to my config files? if so where?

Do you need my rcon password to stream to my server?

what information is looked for in the logs i send? how do I make sure that simple errors do not cause my clan member or regulars to be banned?

I put in a application to get the streaming setup but since then the sight has been down. Is there a eta on when I might get a response?

Thanks for your time.

There nothing you said that someone would give you heat for. They are all just basic questions. Take a look at your pb server logs. That's the information that is going to get streamed.

There's always the possibility of an error. If you look through the forums you'll see things like:

We have confirmed that non-cheat software caused some of the kicks for Violation #70519. We encourage admins to give players the benefit of the doubt and ignore this violation number; it has been removed from our system.

If a clanmate or friend is already on the ban list for a legitimate bust, or they cheats while you're streaming, yes, they'll be added to the ban list.

Edited by Tabasco

Thanks for the quick replys. :D

How do I get the streaming status? I read the faq's and I did apply for something before the 2nd attack. I want to review the md5 checks and the cvar checks but it says I am not worthy.

What happens if someone gets kicked for a non-cheat releated cvar? is that then stream as a global ban?

Here is my concern. In the cod2 world we had lots of problems with punkbuster kicking for simple things that we were never able to figure out. Those problems seem to be gone in cod4 but its rather hard to pick out cheaters in it because you can shoot through walls, uav, and a short kill cam.

I want to do everything I can to prevent cheating but I am worried that by doing so non-cheaters will be banned.

Also, are my local bans streamed? We ban for extreme foul langauge and racists remarks. I want to make sure they dont get a global ban :)

No, you are not going to get banned for non-cheat related cvars, nor is your local ban list going to be uploaded to the master ban list.

Give us some examples of the CoD2 kicks you got, that you couldn't figure out.

No, you are not going to get banned for non-cheat related cvars, nor is your local ban list going to be uploaded to the master ban list.

Give us some examples of the CoD2 kicks you got, that you couldn't figure out.

Sweet. I'll setup the public streamming tonight then. thanks for the info

We made three attempts to get PB running on it. Most of the time there were key packet losses, we figured that was due to people being on wireless internet connections. We are going to shut down the cod2 server in a few months when the year contract is up. Most of our admins now play on the cod4 servers so we just dont have the staff to watch over it anymore. The logs might still be on the server so I'll see if I can pull them.