What does this kick mean?

-JarHead-

I have seen a lot of these type of kicks and was wondering what exactly they are being kicked from my server for?

#9001: (slot #2) Cvar r_lodscalerigid = 2

If they are getting kicked from your server, that means your server is set for players connecting

to have the Cvar "r_lodscalerigid" to be set at something other than "2".

This picture does a real good job showing the difference between r_lodScaleRigid "1" and r_lodScaleRigid "2".

The top picture is r_lodScaleRigid "1"

The bottom picture is r_lodScaleRigid "2"

You can see the difference in the amount of vegetation:

Posted Image

I have not adjusted this setting on my server so if it kicking peeps for this I assume they have adjusted this setting. I have had 16 kicks for this same violation since 7 Jan. Is this common to have it set as 2? Should i adjust my server setting for this?

I have not adjusted this setting on my server so if it kicking peeps for this I assume they have adjusted this setting. I have had 16 kicks for this same violation since 7 Jan. Is this common to have it set as 2? Should i adjust my server setting for this?

It's at your discretion. Some low end videocards default to 2 when the game is loaded. One of my guys wrote a small statement up on changing it: http://www.redhour.info/rhforums/showthread.php?t=2422

I keep my server cvar setting at 1 for r_lodScaleRigid. I think 2 just eliminates too much vegetation.

So if you have your graphic settings (from within the game control panel) set on the lowest settings does this affect? Or do you have to go in and purposely edit the config settings?

One of our guys has a lap top and it defaulted to 2 when he loaded the game. He manually changed it to 1 and says he has no problem running the game with it set to 1

Our other guy has a low end nvidia videocard 6200 or 6600??? something like that. It defaulted to 2 when he loaded the game. He manually changed it to 1 and says he has no problem running the game with it set to 1. He did say if he changes any of the video setting now with the ingame panel, it goes back to 2 by itself.