Ileagle GUID

mike12244

I have recently been told that a clan leader has recivied "funny looking" pb screen shots of a player. I dont know what he means by this.

However he took it the players was hacking and tried to ban him. Now he did !ban 2 -the slot number- and he claims it says "Player has an ileagle PB GUID" and banned another member is this possible? If so what does it mean? And also a "funny" screen shot does not mean one is hacking right? Thanks for answering

I have recently been told that a clan leader has recivied "funny looking" pb screen shots of a player. I dont know what he means by this.

Like AcE said..This is a funny pbss: http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/nat...unny/driver.jpg

However he took it the players was hacking and tried to ban him. Now he did !ban 2 -the slot number- and he claims it says "Player has an ileagle PB GUID" and banned another member is this possible?

Ban by slot number has nothing to do with guid. Never heard about illegal pb guid either..

If so what does it mean? And also a "funny" screen shot does not mean one is hacking right? Thanks for answering

Shouldnt be to hard to tell if you have seen it.

Thanks, I knew he was lying just because he was getting killed. He wont beleive me though unless a post from a PBbans admin states there is not such thing, I googled the problem and found nothing.

Sounds more like a problem with your mod. Go grab one of his PBSSs and copy his GUID from the HTML file.

Now run this command against the server. The IP is optional and you can just put a question mark.

/rcon pb_sv_banguid guid "name" "ip" "reason"

Of coarse if he was still in the server, your best bet is to use the built in /rcon pb_sv_ban slotnumber

I know how to ban him, he is banned now my leader says he did !ban 2 again and it banned him. I think there is no such thing as PB detecting an ileagle GUID. Because if it did, then would it not kick the player? I think my leader may be lieing by i need proof.

So ace, your saying there is not such thing as an ileagle PB GUID and if there is it would have kicked him?

If you have a the 10 second delay in BF2CC you shouldn't ban by slot #. Safer not to ever ban by slot #.

Had a problem with 2 players and I !b on both by slot number. The message comes up that they've been banned and both leave the server. A new player joined within the 10 second message delay into the newly vacated slot #. New player recieved the kick and ban. PB logs show me announcing the proper player's names being banned. PB logs shows banning a player joining the vacated slot instead of either of the targets. Set your Ban delay to 0 seconds. But even then, its safer to ban or kick with a partial name.

!b e1224 banned!

or !b mike12 banned!

Edited by Ash