Files Coming Thru MSN *WARNING*

ES-Phoenix

Not sure what this means but the more heads up the better IMHO

I have just been sent a file called foto.rar ?? Which I accepted.

Within this archive was an exe file (foto.exe)

The person who sent it to me was offline at the time so I ran it thru my AV and it went bonkers.

Now I don`t know if this was a simple virus or some kind of cheat for gaming but I deleted the file immediatly. Again I do not know if this is relevant here but as I said the more heads up the better.

Regards

Mike aka |ES|Phoenix .. ;)

Edited by ES-Phoenix

Thanks for the heads up :)

A quick search of google came up with this info.

foto.exe (antilam.g1 trojan) - Details

If your pc has the foto.exe process on it, your system may have been infected with a trojan known as 'antilam.g1'.

foto.exe is considered to be a security risk, not only because antivirus programs flag antilam.g1 trojan as a trojan, but also because other sites consider it a Trojan as well.

antilam.g1 trojan is likely a Trojan and as such, presents a serious vulnerability which should be fixed immediately! Delaying the removal of foto.exe may cause serious harm to your system and will likely cause a number of problems, loss of data, loss of control or leaking private information.

and here is a link from symantec regarding Antilam.g1

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/...-111118-2524-99

Good thing you ran the Av ;)

I would suggest letting your friend know what they are passing around. B)

@(*0*)@

I was a little premature about the post as I got the same info from Google but it is a good heads up ... :)

The person it came from is a member of another UK clan and I have informed him about it. Apparently he checked his logs on MSN and it had sent it to everyone in his contacts, I hope they were as well protected as me .. lol .. :blink: