Question about Master Player Index

BNT_007

I have a question about the Master Player Index. How is it that names, that is players, get added to this list? I am not refering to known hackers but players in general.

Is the player added by simply joining a streaming server?

Here is the reason why I ask:

I am an admin on a streaming server 209.160.31.80 and I sometimes check the Master Player Index to see if a questionable player is on the your Ban Index or if they are clean. Usually they show up as clean. However, recently I have come accross several players whose alias do NOT show up on the list at all, but their IPs do. And in one or two cases neither their alias nor their IP shows up on the list. I made sure to enter in the correct info and still nothing.

Is this normal, or should I be keeping a closer eye on these types of players? Several of these aliases have very low ranks (i.e. private, sargent) but some have higher ranks, so I figured they would be on the list already.

Thank you for your input,

=AKz= BNT_007

ps. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum. This is my first post on your site. :D

MPI is based on information streamed to us by game servers.

So if your server is streaming, and a player joins it, he will automatically be added to the MPI.

Thank you DaLynX for your reply. That is what I was thinking, but some of those aliases still do not show up on the list and our server has been streaming for a long time and was streaming that day.

Is it normal for the players IP to show up but not the alias they were using?

Thanks again,

=AKz= BNT_007

Edited by BNT_007

I'm sorry. I'm confused. Maybe I am not making my self clear.

There was a guy playing on our server. The name that showed up in game and on BF2CC at the time was w00tb0t. I recieved some complaints about him, so I decided to look his alias up on the Master Player Index. The index search result was "No Record Found." To this day, it still says that. However the players IP address does show up. But in others the IP also does NOT show up.

Our server is streaming so, the alias he was using at the time should show up.....Right? That is what I am getting at. I hope this helps. I am just curious if this is normal or should I be concerned and keep an eye out for this?

Thanks for your help,

=AKz= BNT_007

Edited by BNT_007

Your server might be streaming but your not listed as an SGA here...that might explain some of it...when you use the MPI it WONT show you evidence on any clean players info {diff ip's \alias's ect...},,it will allow you to see info if the player has a dirty history thou.... If your server is streaming here you may want to ask them to have you added as an SGA here or have your server owner\clan leader look into the players ID deeper here or in the MPI

Thanks Tim. I will have my SGA look into it further. I have noticed an increased number of players not showing up even checking the IPs. It does usually say "clean player," etc., but there has been an encreased number of "No Record Found" returns by the system.

Thanks again,

=AKz= BNT_007