PB Abuse?

ViciousBloodust

I was in a CoD 4 server MurderInc HC Tactical, and heard them talking about a guy they banned with PB since they are streaming. The only reason they banned him was because he was mass teamkilling. Is that legal? According to them they said he wouldn't be able to play in any other PB servers. I am not the guy nor do I know the guy they were talking about, but if this is true, do you actually allow streaming admins to ban people like that? If so, I am pretty sure you are violating some piece of your contract with the development company of CoD 4. Can you please clarify my inquiry into matters like this? Or is this a subject I should be questioning at Evenbalance?

P.S. I apologize in advance if I have posted this in the wrong section of the forums

Edited by ViciousBloodust

he can ONLY be banned for acual cheating, they would have to either stream to pbbans/puksbusted and one of those stes violations cought them or an acual evenbalance check cought him. Either way, if someone is banned using PB, only true cheaters are put on the master ban list

GUIDs will only be added to the MBI when caught with streaming logs from the server as evidence. The only things that PBBans will ban for are cheat related.

So, to put it frankly, they were bullshitting ;)

If the guy was hacking and was subsequently kicked by PB for a violation then he would be added to the MBI. If he was manually banned by a server admin using pb_sv_ban then he will not be added to the MBI - as there is no evidence that he was hacking.

Aah, I see, thank you for clarifying that. I play in TWL, TGL, CAL, and PGL (CoD 2, CoD 4, BF 2 & 2142, R6 Vegas 2, America's Army, CS:Source, Day of Defeat, ET: Quake Wars, Frontlines: FoW, & GRAW 2 divisions/ladders) and after hearing that conversation, that got me worried, since I like to play in public rooms in my free time and not many public players play at my level/or are used to my style of playing, so from time to time I get accused of hacking or people get suspicious. So I thought I'd come here and ask if that was true or not, since that would be the most awful thing to happen to any tournament player, have their GUIDS perma banned by a server admin and ruin their whole gaming career.