Secure Player names

INX-UKDarkstar

Hi

Is there any way of reserving player names in CoD4 to stop other players imperosnating admins ?

I thought I'd seen somewhere how to do this but can't seem to find it now.

Thanks

Name registry (AKA Protected Tags). You would either have to pay for individuals (each admin) or pay for your whole clan. It costs 24$ per year for a clan and 12$ per year for individual... I personally use it for the clan, it keeps people from coming onto our servers and claiming that they are [RUF] Clan members. Also if a [RUF] Clan member goes into another PB enabled server then it will still show in the /pb_plist command (and you can use whatever you want, we personally use ^5www.^7RUFClan^5.com ^3Registered Clan member). Also this works across other games EX: when call of duty 5 comes out our registered tags should work there too (I think we need to set them up again but the point is we dont have to pay another 24$ for another game)

http://ssl.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=registry.php

~Dan~

Edited by {RUF} Ice Man

Name registry (AKA Protected Tags). You would either have to pay for individuals (each admin) or pay for your whole clan. It costs 24$ per year for a clan and 12$ per year for individual... I personally use it for the clan, it keeps people from coming onto our servers and claiming that they are [RUF] Clan members. Also if a [RUF] Clan member goes into another PB enabled server then it will still show in the /pb_plist command (and you can use whatever you want, we personally use ^5www.^7RUFClan^5.com ^3Registered Clan member). Also this works across other games EX: when call of duty 5 comes out our registered tags should work there too (I think we need to set them up again but the point is we dont have to pay another 24$ for another game)

http://ssl.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=registry.php

~Dan~

Thanks but I only need to protect on just our 2 servers and the admins may change (as we're a GSP not a Clan). Doesn't this keep the names globally ?

I thought there was something you could pop into the server config just for that server ? (or am I thinking CoD 1 ???)

You can use this

PB_SV_NameLock [GUID or partial match] [Name to Lock]

Causes the PunkBuster Server to kick players wearing a locked name unless the player's GUID contains the specified GUID or partial match associated with a locked name; NameLocks are not stored to disk automatically so Admins should add these to the pbsvuser.cfg file in order to have NameLocks extend to future server sessions

PB_SV_NameLockEmpty

Empties the list of NameLocks in memory

PB_SV_NameLockList

Displays the list of NameLocks to the server console

yes it keeps the names globally. unfortunately I think this is the only thing that I Know of that will keep your name. You name will not be kicked from the server unless you have your protected tags code in the pb configuration server side EX:

pb_sv_ProtectTag 1 [RUF]

and I believe this will also kick all players unless you have paid... you need to enter in a command in the command in the console and your tag comes with a password, that password can be whatever you want and can be changed. If the password is changed everyone will need to re-register their protected tag

so for each individual server you would need to put

pb_sv_ProtectTag 1 [yourclanhere]

in place.

but again this cannot be done without paying from what I understand...

Thanks MaydaX that was exactly what I wanted - just couldn't remember what it was called !

Also thanks IceMan (you may wnat to see what MaydaX posted).

Cheers guys !

:)