Age Old ?

{TTS}DRAKO

FPS we have all tried to perfect this with getting as many as we can, but I have an issue.

I run a 5900 ultra nvidia card and i have just noticed after player since sof1 that my FPS peaks out at 59/60 no matter the server or the map, never goes higher or lower just toggles back and forth 59/60.

I have tried the screen res and everything, maxfps is set to 0 and virtcal sync is off.

Im at a loss any ideas?

cpu-3.4 pen

ram-2gig pc3200

PS- 420

I have tried the screen res and everything, maxfps is set to 0 and virtcal sync is off. 

Umm.....

Johnny|sF Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vertical sync mate :D  turn it off... 

LOL .... I think he said Sync was OFF... but I have to agree with Johnny check to make sure your vertical sync is off in bothe video settings on card and video settings in the game menu :shock:

yes its off on the video card. but I forgot all about the ingame setting SOB!! i spent for ever trying to figure this out, owell i learned some cool stuff while researching thow LOL.

Ill try the ingame setting when i get home to see what happens.

Guest MA-Chick{EFK}

I'm not familiar with the nvidia cards....but be careful capping the fps at 500 with the upper end cards. I know with the 9800xt, we have to cap the fps at 300. If we don't, they will hit 500, and that'll lock up the game.

highest quality... LOL! I can tell by the detailed ground and the size of the screenshot. Is that lag right there? Hmmm, he seems to fly in a wall... the groundline looks straight 2 right... :P nah, that aint highest graphics.

thanks for the help guys but the v-sync in game setting was on, that fixed it,

its staying around 350 now allote higher in some other maps but its better then 60 lol, and if you set (com_maxfps +) you will get pretty good results also.

I didn't think it would get that high with the settings I run but that fps would double i bet if i turned everything down lol.

I got Nvidia GeForce 6800GT, and I often hit 500 fps with no problem.

Hell, one member of AF showed his screenshot of his 2,000 FPS at highest quality!

http://theafh.low-ping.com/user/416/files/2000fps.bmp

lol i see so many players trying to show off with these style screenshots. Any1 with a decent-ish gfx card can hit those fps when they go into spec and fly into the sky. :lol:

I'm not familiar with the nvidia cards....but be careful capping the fps at 500 with the upper end cards.  I know with the 9800xt, we have to cap the fps at 300.  If we don't, they will hit 500, and that'll lock up the game.

i was in a map last night pulling 600 fps and oh man does it lag out and lock up, i had to set it to 300.