Latest PB Update

Agent-86

After the update the other day for cod4, I got 2 Blue screen of death from the driver PnkBstrk.sys

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x10000050 (0xfadd1535, 0x00000000, 0x8b50e8e1, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini111208-01.dmp.

Each time I got the BSOD, It was on a map change

Anyone else experience this issue?

After the update the other day for cod4, I got 2 Blue screen of death from the driver PnkBstrk.sys

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x10000050 (0xfadd1535, 0x00000000, 0x8b50e8e1, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini111208-01.dmp.

Each time I got the BSOD, It was on a map change

Anyone else experience this issue?

Yep, I've been getting it too. A manual update of PB files seems to have fixed it.

It's the file PnkBstrk.sys that is displayed in the BSOD, Punkbuster a & b are running.

I'm on Windows XP Pro Corp Edition, I have a few drivers running.

fingerprint software (omnipass)

Daemon tools

avira Antivirus

Xfire

Nostromo N52 Software

Extendia firewall

Acer monitor driver

Atomic clock

G5 mouse softare

Xfi soundcard drivers

Ventrilo

Raid drivers

Ventrilo

Anything similiar running knifeninja? I'd suspect antivirus software cause a driver fault more than anything else.

I had the same error caused by the same PB file whilst playing ET.

It's only happened once so far fortunately.

Also I have none of the programs that Agent-86 is using.

Just a slight bug in PB me thinks.

Its not my ram. There is something wrong with the newest version of punkbuster.sys.

ALmost every single person in my clan has had this happened at least once. We all have different OS, different MB, different RAM, etc.

Something is wrong. I've been e-mailing back and forth with Evenbalance about this. IT sounds like they are aware of it.

Best suggestion, and I'll borrow this from #punkbuster, and h3ndr1k, is to grab a digital camera, and take a picture of the bsod, then open a trouble ticket with evenbalance, attach the shot, and include as much information about your computer, drivers versions, and game as you can.

I filed a support ticket with EB the other day, I got no response from them.

What I did was wipe punkbuster from my system, I removed the windows services with pbsvc.exe, And deleted the pb directory in the game folder. Reinstalled both and I didn't get a BSOD yesterday. But this error wasn't something that happened on que, They were few and far between. So I guess I just need to wait and see if it' helped.

Don't really need to take a picture of the BSOD, That is why the minidump is created. For XP would be in this directory. "C:\WINDOWS\Minidump" That minidump shows the driver at fault and error codes needed. Use windows debugger to open it up (http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/resources/downloads.mspx)

• 2 weeks later...

And now I keep getting a new one for cod5

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007f (0x00000008, 0xf7717d70, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini112508-01.dmp.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Oh joy....

• 1 month later...
And now I keep getting a new one for cod5

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007f (0x00000008, 0xf7717d70, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini112508-01.dmp.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Oh joy....

Well I was plagued by this same code for 6 months. I could only reboot into last good known! Any changes made would have to be remade everytime I rebooted.

To make a long story short ... I found the fault to be a program called Hide Folders XP. If you use any of these types of software to hide folders from view ... try to run them ... then clear all hidden folders ... then uninstall the program.

This worked for me!

Let me know if it works for you.

Zorro :rolleyes: