PB_SV help needed

M*A*R*K

Hi im new to this website so im having trouble finding the info i need.

Im a clan admin with the aim clan, we run a bf2142 non dedicated game server & we use 2142cc.

Server details are; ip 81.19.219.189 port 17587

We already stream to PBBANS

Anyway we have had loads of problems with hackers on our server, so far we have had to ban suspected hackers, but now i've heard of this command "PB_SV_GETSS" & from what i have read it takes screenshots from everyone on our server & sends them to you good people, trouble is i cant get it to work, can you give me directions please?

Also can you tell me how effective it is at catching the hackers & if there are hackers out there that can get past all PB's efforts at catching them?

Pulled from the Evenbalance BF2142 Server Admin Manual.

PB_SV_GetSs [player_name_or_slot#]

Sends a request to all applicable connected players asking for a screen shot to be captured and sent to the PB Server; to specify a player name or substring (as opposed to slot #), surround the text with double-quote marks

You can also review the information in the PBBans PBSS Guide.

When a PBSS is taken (manually or automatically) you should be able to find it in the pb/svss directory.

IMPORTANT: PunkBuster will only allow 3 screenshots to be taken every 10 minutes per player.

Thanks for the speedy reply ;)

I have read the guide & we have emailed our GSP to ask for access to pb/svss.

I have managed to take pbss of myself with the PB_GETSS command but it has made me wonder if theres a way i can take these pbss of other users of our server & have them saves to my pc?

Thanks again, see you all soon, M*A*R*K

Thanks for the speedy reply ;)

I have read the guide & we have emailed our GSP to ask for access to pb/svss.

I have managed to take pbss of myself with the PB_GETSS command but it has made me wonder if theres a way i can take these pbss of other users of our server & have them saves to my pc?

Thanks again, see you all soon, M*A*R*K

The PB_GETSS command is used to manually request a screen shot from a player.

To get the PBSS file(s) there are several different methods.

[*]FTP the file from your server to your local system.

[*]Use the pbsvss.htm file to review and use 'Right Click -> Save Image As' option to save the file to your system.

[*]Use Main Stream Gamers' PunkBuster