Player prefix returning false positives

xXDom

Prefix: (*'-')

Player name: I<3TURTLES

Search Contents: (*'-') I<3TURTLES

Game: Battlefield 2

When doing a public query on this alias, including the prefix, via the MPI, it returns 11 caught GUID's and 186 clean GUID's, which is an obvious false positive due a variable somewhere in the search string. However, due to the lack of experience from the admin I am dealing with they fail to see this. They also have banned me due to this, despite it saying clearly at the top: "Alias searches alone should not be used to determine if a player is cheating as players may be the victim of name-spoofing. GUID searches are the most reliable method."

I have provided them with my GUID, as well as a screenshot of that clean GUID being the only link to this account, yet they're still touting the false positives as fact. I'm simply looking for confirmation on my assumptions that due to characters in the prefix and search string, that it is indeed searching for a variable and returning false positives.

Thanks,

-xXDom

Edited by xXDom

Your assumption is correct. I've looked up your actual GUID and there are no linked bans what so ever.

If they search the MPI using just the name without the prefix, they will come to the same conclusion. The prefix seems to mess things up, but those bans/guids don't appear to be related to you in any way.

It sounds to me they are using this as an excuse to keep you off their server, and personally, I'd look for a different server to play on.

Edited by Lucky_Fr4gg3r

It sounds to me they are using this as an excuse to keep you off their server, and personally, I'd look for a different server to play on.

As head admin of <TNT> and a member here I take great offence to your assertion. Admins are like people in any organization. There are some more experienced in certain areas than others. Along with Turtles thread there also is a parallel thread in our admins section about this. The ban has been reviewed by more experienced admins and has been lifted. My apologies to Turtles for the misunderstanding.

We do not kick or ban people for being good. Never have and never will. If I ever found out an admin did that they would immediately lose their admin rights. I would suggest that commenting on matters of which one has no direct knowledge is often not an entirely wise thing to do. No one likes their integrity questioned. We run clean servers and we err on the side of caution. If someone is banned in error it will be corrected.

Edited by GRENADIER

As head admin of and a member here I take great offence to your assertion. Admins are like people in any organization. There are some more experienced in certain areas than others. Along with Turtles thread there also is a parallel thread in our admins section about this. The ban has been reviewed by more experienced admins and has been lifted. My apologies to Turtles for the misunderstanding.

We do not kick or ban people for being good. Never have and never will. If I ever found out an admin did that they would immediately lose their admin rights. I would suggest that commenting on matters of which one has no direct knowledge is often not an entirely wise thing to do. No one likes their integrity questioned. We run clean servers and we err on the side of caution. If someone is banned in error it will be corrected.

In that case, I stand corrected, and hereby apologize.

It just seems that there's many servers and clans that do these days, hence my (hasted) assumption.

I'm just glad to see I was wrong and that the situation has been resolved. :)

Edited by Lucky_Fr4gg3r

I'd like to thank your senior admins and yourself Grenadier for taking the time to look deeper than the surface on this. It is much appreciated and I am relieved to see TNT is a step above most.

Thanks again,

-xXDom

I'd like to thank your senior admins and yourself Grenadier for taking the time to look deeper than the surface on this. It is much appreciated and I am relieved to see TNT is a step above most.

Thanks again,

-xXDom

Hello xXDom,

i would like to take this time and Thank you for posting on our website so this issue could be resolved,

Tower1

enjoy the server.