bf2 server ctd hack

feeblemedic

Been playing bf2 for a long time but lately its virtually impossible with constant mass CTD's (crash to desktops) for everyone in server. I understand this is some type of hack where they copy everones pid's or something and flood the server until everyone is booted to desktop. Of course I don't know much about it....anyway my question is this, is there any known way to prevent this hack on bf2 servers at the moment short of the long awaited bf2 updated? I'm a former server admin, and i'm trying to help a current admin deal with these headaches, if anyone has any suggestion, ideas, or can point me in the right direction any help would be appreciated. Also the server is streaming to pbbans, and the default port was changed in an attempt to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Edited by feeblemedic

Currently, I'm afraid the only thing that you can do is wait for patch 1.5 or ask your host to install BF2ahd.

If your host refuses or it isn't possible for whatever reason, there are several GSP that already have it implemented, in case you are considering to change.

Currently, I'm afraid the only thing that you can do is wait for patch 1.5 or ask your host to install BF2ahd.

If your host refuses or it isn't possible for whatever reason, there are several GSP that already have it implemented, in case you are considering to change.

looking it up and asking server host right now if they support it, any downside or other info about it i should be aware of?

looking it up and asking server host right now if they support it, any downside or other info about it i should be aware of?

As it says on the website, it's only supported on servers running Linux. A lot of hosts run Windows servers, so your host might not be able to implement it until a Windows version is released.

And as Big Guy said, don't expect it to be perfect, but it's a definite improvement ;)