Not sure where to post this

=XE=Death-GOA

I have a member that was put on the ban list today. He says he saw someone trying to toggle something and he tried it to see what it did. My question is, is this a part of the game or do you have to download something to make this a banable offense.

This is what he was banned for:

[From #7 093f(VALID) =XE=Bodies] [KEY_F12 = _toggle_hack][1 key binding match found]

Thanks for any information on this. He will be removed from my team regardless of the response here. Just want to know if this is a part of the game or something you have to download. Thanks for any help on this matter.

Thanks sir. man it pisses me off when people do stupid $h(t and think they are going to get away with it. Hes done and will be posted in the hall of shame for lying to me. Thanks again sir. /O <----- equals salute.

Just a thought, if I typed this in command "KEY_F12 = _toggle_hack" I would not get banned as long as I did not download something? I will not try because of the ramifications, but would like to know.

No reason anyone should type that into the game in the first place but just for fun here is the response when /KEY_F12 = _toggle_hack is typed into console

post-115702-1240459055_thumb.jpg

note: unknown command.

OK just for clarification I am the banned person in this case... ( please don't ban me from here also )

ok to clarify the above is incorrect... I typed this "/bind f12 _toggle_hack" into console. I typed it in after seeing another player in the server, type the same thing w/o the " / ". my thoughts are that this set the command attached to the F12 key. now regardless of any third-party software, (which there were none) this would have changed my player config file to have the F12 key bound to the command "_toggle_hack". after i joined another server, i was convicted of having hacks because of that one bind.

I have been a member of =XE= for over a year, (this bind has cost me that and more) the Xtreme Eagles have been a cheat free community since it was created over 5 years ago. I knew that when i joined them and i stand by it now... if there is any way to get this ban lifted, please someone tell me... These guys are an extension of my family and one simple key bind has taken that away from me, there has got to be a way to get my name off of that list.

Thanks sir. man it pisses me off when people do stupid $h(t and think they are going to get away with it. Hes done and will be posted in the hall of shame for lying to me. Thanks again sir. /O <----- equals salute.

and Death sir i have never lied to you!

Edited by Bodie

OK just for clarification I am the banned person in this case... ( please don't ban me from here also )

ok to clarify the above is incorrect... I typed this "/bind f12 _toggle_hack" into console. I typed it in after seeing another player in the server, type the same thing w/o the " / ". my thoughts are that this set the command attached to the F12 key. now regardless of any third-party software, (which there were none) this would have changed my player config file to have the F12 key bound to the command "_toggle_hack". after i joined another server, i was convicted of having hacks because of that one bind.

I have been a member of =XE= for over a year, (this bind has cost me that and more) the Xtreme Eagles have been a cheat free community since it was created over 5 years ago. I knew that when i joined them and i stand by it now... if there is any way to get this ban lifted, please someone tell me... These guys are an extension of my family and one simple key bind has taken that away from me, there has got to be a way to get my name off of that list.

and Death sir i have never lied to you!

and to go back to my post

"No reason anyone should type that into the game in the first place"

even if he did type it what did you expect it to do?

anyways he can't see this post anymore. Ban = restricted user and a special forum.