i . Munk guid 849df4c7

PaulStorm

Hi all

1st introduction

My name is PaulStorm CL for Team Phoenix

Recently we had a player allegedly using multihacks ID 131772

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-accbans-ab1868.html

the player is disputing the ban furiously, saying that he was hacked and somehow a person installed a hack and remotely joined our server, and got him the global ban, I looked at the issue as he was a former clan m8, and he was suggesting we hacked him ! There is history as he one time he managed to guess our admin password and logged into our admin section and deleted all our plug-in, we made a vid about this

http://uk.video.yahoo.com/watch/4312231%E2...=en-gb/11583969

ok after his clan m8 kept on and on about the possibility that it was us that did this, I decided to look into the possibility of his claims, although none of our clan would have the knowhow i tried some experiments of my own.

Using windows remote assistance, form my laptop to my games pc I took control of my games pc and managed to lunch call of duty 4, and then join a steaming server through xfire, although the game was unplayable on the laptop, I still managed to lunch the game and join a streaming server, I was a little shocked by this, as it proved that if somehow a person could get past all the normal windows security and get in to the host. They could in fact do this. I'm also assuming that if they can remotely operate his pc it's also possible to install software (Hacks). Although personally I feel he did this himself, as he has hacked into our web before and he took down our site.

But being a mature 42 years old I wanted to be sure his claims that we or some could not do this to him. Hence my own test, so my question is, could a person be a victim in this way?

It seems that all a hacker needs to do it get remote accesses to the host pc, i am aware of many legal remote tools on the market, and therefore many illegal ones. So basically what if a player got such a tool and took over his pc, installed a hack and joined a server, remotely, his ip and guid would be the hosts and therefore get the host pc owner a global ban!

Disturbing but it seems possible what checks do PBBans do to rule out this situation? Or do they assume if a hack is recorded that the owner if the PC is guilty? But as I mentioned before this is a crazy thing to do and personally my findings are, he is the biggest liar I've ever meet, but he did raise this interesting argument, although he would say this, and he is an admin in his own clan, and to be found guilty is simply disastrous for him and his clan, but I do not trust him at all, but technically is his claim is possible ! or am I missing something ?

Thank you

Regards Paul

Very very very unlikely, but it can't be excluded entirely either. The most likely scenario is that he hacked, or someone else physically used his PC to hack.

Either way, it doesn't change the fact that it's his responsibility to keep his PC/CD-key safe, so he will still remain banned.

Very very very unlikely, but it can't be excluded entirely either. The most likely scenario is that he hacked, or someone else physically used his PC to hack.

Either way, it doesn't change the fact that it's his responsibility to keep his PC/CD-key safe, so he will still remain banned.

I agree totally with you! And I been telling them all along its very very unlikely! But as they have so much face to lose they will try anything to make it look like he was hacked, they keep telling me it

Oh one other thing !

as im using gamezadmin rcon tool, i can copy players guids !

whats stopping me form using them guids to change mine and pretend to be that player! im quiet worryed as they have mentioned they will get us for this :-(

But we did not do anything to them and never have,

I'm not familiar with that RCON tool, but I doubt that's possible.

GUIDs are secure for every game except Enemy Territory.

Here is a link to info regarding gamezadmin

http://www.gamezadmin.com/

with this tool we can copy the players guid to the clipboard, although i do not know how to change my guid for the game COD4 if some one was clued up could they somehow insert the copied guid into their own game and pretend to be me ? And then get me a ban?

omg ! this has me very concerned, sorry if I did not understand your previous reply, as I have read that players guid are cloned or stolen, or I

Copying to the clipboard is nothing to worry about ;)

A GUID is a 32-character hash based on the CD-key you installed the game with. There is no way to spoof this in any game, except Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, which is why we no longer ban for violations in that game.

Not just your physical Cd-key, but you should also make sure your PC is safe in terms of anti-virus and such.

Many games store the unencrypted CD-key in the registry, meaning a malicious tool *could* extract it for others to abuse.

Common sense and a decent security suite for your PC go a long way ;)

OMG ! lol Hi Joker :-)

Its a small world m8 good to see you m8 ! and i pormise not to fight with Munk on the Fsfa servers

I got to much repsect for you all there ;-)

Edited by PaulStorm

• 2 weeks later...

Just because a server streams to PBBans does not mean they stream to other sites as well. This would be why the ban doesn't show up on psb.