PC Beta Details

MaydaX

When's the Beta

First, let's start by making the official time and date of the Beta the start of this Blog in what will be and EPIC moment in DICE's PC History! The PC Beta begins this Thursday, January 28th at approximately 6pm CET, 12pm EST, and 9am PST time!!!!!!! :-D

Where to Get It

The Client will be downloadable from server partner websites and Steam starting at the above listed time at a file size of 1.5GB. Here's a hyper-link reminder http://bit.ly/4GJk2a on which retailers will provide PC Beta access through pre-ordering.

Why we're Having a Beta

The Beta is happening for many reasons, like testing the infrastructure, hosting stability, and gameplay tuning (FOV, Weapon Balance, etc...) that no amount of internal testing could provide better than real world exposure. This means there will also be times of choppiness, lag, disconnects, CTDs or other issues a Beta version of any MP game would have. We'll have feedback methods similar to the PS3 Beta as well to ensure your input is gathered and heard.

Advanced warning: there will be things updated in the final game, like a Server browser with more functions, optimizations, performance tweaks, and learning's from the Beta.

This truly is a Beta, so remember that all feedback is appreciated and wanted! :-)

Hosting the Beta

Renting of Beta servers will not be possible, but we'll work closely with all our RSPs* to ensure there is always enough capacity for each individual regions.

Where to Download the Beta

We'll distribute with many partners as possible to ensure the fastest DLs no matter your location around the world. Current know locations and methods will be EADM, Steam, Torrents (only get this from legit sources, i.e. an RSP*), and all our RSP's.

Getting Started In the Beta

STEP 1: Make sure you have at least 5GB free on your HDD and then download and Install BFBC2! :-D

STEP 2: Once installation is completed (install size will be around 1.5GB) start the client and click the login button. You will then be prompted to sign in with your EA Account. If you don't have an EA Account you'll be able to create one in the same screen. (You may also create your EA Account in advance HERE)

STEP 3: Enter the unique PC Beta Code during the log in process to authenticate your participation in the Beta.

Step 4: Create your Soldier name (this will lock that name to your EA account for retail if you want to keep it).

Note: You will not be able to play or access any multiplayer menus without being authenticated. After the Beta Key is registered it will be tied to your EA Account and no longer valid for new registrations. Our game will use SecuROM for the Beta and Final games .exe, for more info on how SecuROM works in BFBC2 please read this Blog to learn about it in more detail.

* Ranked Server Provider (RSP)

//GvD

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/01/26/big-battfield-bad-company-2-pc-beta-blog-of-epic-goodness.aspx

Just to add, if you're one of those people that want to be the beta, but haven't pre-ordered, you can press your luck at a 50 beta keys giveaway tomorrow at 11AM PST, however it'll probably be useless for hundreds of school students like me <_ so it probably be best to wait for future beta key giveaways.>

http://twitter.com/EA/status/8297034094

Edited by .hack//Azure Kite

Myinternetservices.com is giving away keys, as far as I know. I think a few of my clan members got their key through them. On the main site there is a place for email and a captcha key...but their site is extremely slow due to high traffic.

Looks like Play.com are screwing people who bought on or after the 27th. Despite them still advertising the products as "with Play.com Exclusive Early PC BETA Access" and further adding "Codes for new pre-orders will be sent within 24 hours of confirmation of your order" people (inc me) are still to receive their beta keys.

For what little good it will do I sent an email to legal, sales, support and [email protected] UK with a copy of the 1968 Trades Description Act attached.

Anyone else getting screwed?

• Upvote 1

got mine gifted through steam

only annoying part was the key code kept popping up every time i started the game as i forgot to check the appropriate box

oh that and i am trying to play on a P4 based box......:lol: