Added New Server IP, Deleted Old One

jschmuck2

My issue has also ceased to exist. I'll stand firm, though, that if you intend to run a league that is associated with us, you still need to contact me, and then explain the process, as well. I would have perhaps responded different, had I been aware of it at all. To this date, no such information has been sent to me. How would I know to respond different?

That being said, no issue. Just work with it. I'm sure we can find a peaceful resolve to it all.

RW

I would suggest we take this to pm, or irc. Our servers formerly owned by another clan can't be added to a new clan until removed by a former clan. Small glitch, I guess. Over-site, as it were. Would be something to implement.

As far as the league aspect is concerned, you still need to contact me directly, not via forums, but PM, or IRC.

RW

Understood. Please understand its the exact same glitch ANY PBUCON repository would experience.

I did not want to start pulling strings with who I have worked with for the last 3 years until I had something to show for it. The league is still in testing, so when we go live you will receive a PM. Until then, fill free to refer any other PGL streaming issues to http://www.perspectivegaming.com.

Just like PBBans, if a clan registers a server under their PBBans account and they get a new server neglecting to remove their old one PBBans will refuse the connection and cause the log line in their scripts.

Just to clarify. . . we ARE NOT associated with PBBans. Just because we use PBUCON to accept streams does not mean we are working with, or for, PBBans. However once I talk to maydax im sure this will all be sorted out.

Until the site is ready for launch and ready to open the doors, we will not be setting anything up with PBBans. Whats the point of taking a half drawn picture to an artist and saying "Put this in your gallery" if its half painted?

Its very simple.

PBUCON requires the servers to PBUCON session to be opened with certain credentials. This would mean a server list. (not required by streaming via the default repo method "pb_sv_logaddr")

If a server registers with PGL (or PBBans) then the repo will attempt to connect to it (whether its PBBans or PGL).

If the server DOES NOT have the proper login information for the server in its scripts, the connection is refused (by PGL, or PBBans. . . meaning if they have a server owned by an old PBBans member that is registered. . . it will indeed refuse the connection).

It does NOT take a rocket scientists to discuss politics.

We are not PBBans, however we plan on enlisting to stream our servers to you. Until the league site launches you will not hear from me.

I need to discuss this with someone that actually understands the PBUCON protocol before they start giving me orders.

Ok, the issue has been resolved and there is no need for any more misunderstandings here.

First off, the original issue is that someone had set up streaming to another site (TGL) and was seeing the ignored packets being sent from the TGL side of things. Nothing wrong with that. Same thing would happen here if a server was left on an account, but was then owned by a different clan who didn't set up streaming. PBBans hub would still try to send commands to the server that is registered with us and you would see an "PB UCON Packet Ignored 'pbbhub1'@iphere" on that server.

Second, there is nothing fishy going on here. TGL is using a PBUCON setup, just like we do here, but calling it a "repository" which adds some confusion.

Third, what Road is saying, is that if/when TGL is functioning, you will need to be in contact with him if you want to have league access here. (He is not saying that you need to contact us to setup/use UCON methods)

Sounds like you should flush your IPs which don't stream for 72 hours though (72 hours is standard for most AC streams).

That would avoid most resold servers, etc.

Third, what Road is saying, is that if/when TGL is functioning, you will need to be in contact with him if you want to have league access here. (He is not saying that you need to contact us to setup/use UCON methods)

Of course, I have personally worked with you guys in the past on several things and look forward to working with you with PGL.

Apologies if I came off on the wrong foot, hard to tell a tone via a forum. No disrespect meant.