screenshots

FFAbigboy

I think you need the rcon pass for that

No offense initended but that's dumb. So if little timmy dink boy comes on late at night to test his newly purchased POS hack and there no admins on we have to rely on the auto settingd if any for a SS? That leads into my second question, What's a power player and how do I become one?

Apparently power players can take SS if its enabled on the server.

No offense initended but that's dumb. So if little timmy dink boy comes on late at night to test his newly purchased POS hack and there no admins on we have to rely on the auto settingd if any for a SS? That leads into my second question, What's a power player and how do I become one?

Apparently power players can take SS if its enabled on the server.

1st , politeness will get you further in life...

2nd , anyone can take a SS on any server , although it won't be a PB verified SS....

last , yes a password is needed to protect the server from being hacked..if everyone had access into the servers main file groups then whats to stop "little timmy dink boy " from not only hacking but completely crashing the whole server.......hence : password protection.....

You say you have your own servers,,,then the info I just gave you should already be common knowledge....

1st , politeness will get you further in life...

2nd , anyone can take a SS on any server , although it won't be a PB verified SS....

last , yes a password is needed to protect the server from being hacked..if everyone had access into the servers main file groups then whats to stop "little timmy dink boy " from not only hacking but completely crashing the whole server.......hence : password protection.....

You say you have your own servers,,,then the info I just gave you should already be common knowledge....

No, it's not common knowledge and I appreciate you cluing me in. I still dont see how anyone could hack your server through the use of a secondry program specifically PB, obviously other progs could. Tim I can change my config to run CTF from TDM so common knowlege doesnt really apply to me :-). Im working on it though. DC

@DC

First, im sure your no super dude and you need your sleep like everybody else, so being in the server 24/7 taking ss of suspected player aint even close to doable. So thats why you need to rely on the auto-ss, for the moments you sleep and work and do real life stuff. So yeah, its a pretty usefull thing.

Second, if you want to take a ss of a specific player while he plays and your in your server.......

- /PB_SV_GetSs .....will give you a ss of yourself

- /PB_SV_GetSs id# .....will not work and return with an error message

YOU NEED TO BE LOGGED WITH THE RCON PASSWORD TO USE THE PB SERVER.

Knowing that now, you can log in doing:

- /rconpassword 'actual pass'

And take ss of specific player with:

- /PB_SV_plist for list of player and id#

- /rcon pb_sv_getss id#

Having your server file protected for unautorized modification by a rcon password is intelligent, usefull, and the only way to have a cheat free, crash free, hacker free, worry free server. If you share this pass with anyone, they can do a lot of damage or just simply allow their hack to stay undetected, therefore leaving you with a nice problem.

- /PB_SV_GetSs .....will give you a ss of yourself, uh yeeeah this i learned allready doht

Rgr that and thank you, I have allready put the PW out in global chat a few times and had to change it :mellow: . I also banned one of my own thinking that pb_plist and rcon status provided the same player numbers, whoops. Is partial nic easier to use than player id number? I have sooo much reading to do. Thaks guys for all your help. DC

Edited by Deaths Conundrum aka DC