Quick question

TheFix

I am new here, my server is streaming and I noticed there is a lot of useful tools in the CP, my question is how do I add a user so my clan admin can help keep the bans and MD5's updated? he joined the PBBans forum but when I tried adding his username to the control panel it said invalid name? Does he need to be pre approved? Sorry in advance if this was the wrong place to post this.

Fix

Yep. You can find someone's member ID on their profile. Afterwards staff will need to approve him before he will be added to your account.

Can't help but notice you mentioned 'updating bans'. There's no real need to be updating your pbbans.dat file regularly other than as a failsafe mechanism. If you check the 'Enforce bans' flag on your server, it will crosscheck any GUIDs that join your server with the PBB banlist, and initiate kickban where necessary.

For more info on what each flag does, I suggest reading this if you haven't already :)

Edited by Lucky_Fr4gg3r

Thanks for the info.

Fix

Yep. You can find someone's member ID on their profile. Afterwards staff will need to approve him before he will be added to your account.

Can't help but notice you mentioned 'updating bans'. There's no real need to be updating your pbbans.dat file regularly other than as a failsafe mechanism. If you check the 'Enforce bans' flag on your server, it will crosscheck any GUIDs that join your server with the PBB banlist, and initiate kickban where necessary.

For more info on what each flag does, I suggest reading this if you haven't already :)

you need to add by forum ID number not name i think

there is a search button as well

that last comment may have come off as smart alecky

i should have said

there is a search button next to the field to enter the forum ID, that you can use to search for forum IDs