Hello

GUMP

Hello all,

I am Gump from the Replacement killers clan. We are a 1.0 RTCW clan. We have finally eliminated the problem of people crashing the 1.0 servers with the help of S4ndmod. We now desire to bring hackers to justice. As I am sure you know PB is not on RTCW 1.0. What can we do to help this? and can our clan and server be of any use to the PB Bans family. We have great resepect for what you are doing here and want to help. Please let me know what I can do as a leader of my clan. http://www.rkuprising.com

Thanks,

[email protected]

Edited by GUMP

We are building 1.0 into a real place to find competative paly. We have many clans with many memerbs all over 1.0. The 1.0 community has hosted tournemanets within 1.0 as well as created a "town hall" type of atmosphere where clans can arrange scrimmages and wars. We are really building 1.0 into something. Most of us 1.0ers have played 1.4 and find that its hard to sift through all the junk servers. Not to mention all the un-skilled masses that are on 1.4 since Activision realeased the game in the Platinum pack with the autoupgrade to 1.4 multiplayer. Indeed most people who paly 1.0 have either decided to stay with it or simply have an old copy of the game. We have become so organised on 1.0 sir, that many 1.4 clansmen have come to play on 1.0 becuase of the quality servers and real gamnig community. Heck we even get a few 1.4 clansmen who like to mentor some of the less sckilled 1.0 players. I wont deny that 1.0 lacks PB and all the nifty anit-hack programs 1.4 does. But we have a strong sense of community and we do our best to log IP's of players and keep the servers clean. God bless.

Edited by GUMP

Welcome to Pbbans, your account has been updated to Game Admin, if you like to stream with us, youll garantee a place on the banlist for the cheaters you catch, god damn cheaters..... <_>

personally i dont understand players that stick in the past on vers 1.0 .. updates released fixed many bugs that were prevalent in the first versions of rtcw ... the main drawback is that cheaters who are banned from the current version of rtcw actively look around for servers with no pb enabled ..when they die off or upgrade then they revert to earlier versions that have no pb support .. no one owns an "old copy" of the game ... a valid cd key plus the relevant patches make your "old" into new, in minutes, just like magic ... the last person i talked to who played vers 1.0 did so because he said that being a 56 k'er meant that downloading patches was a no no :) .. maybe he did not know too much about irc but i was able to get his ip in seconds and found he was a convicted cheater on an adsl line lmao

i used to admin a lot of rtcw servers for GamesDomain ..they were rented off Barrysworld by British Telecom so we had no direct control over what we could do with them, 4 of those servers were earlier versions of rtcw that we could not get updated (barrysworld staff were lazy gits and they knew BT were pulling the plug)

i lost count of the amount of people i had to talk through patching their game to the current version, which at the time was 1.3

the easy answer to the "bringing cheaters to justice" is to upgrade to 1.4,enable PB and use the pb tools at your disposal coupled with the pbbans banlist :P

a quick question for you ... how do you decide if someone is hacking with no pb or pbss facility etc on your servers

as far as i'm aware,streaming requires your sv_cheatlog to be streamed directly to an evenbalance repository .. in your case no PB = no sv_cheatlog, so not a lot to be done there then <_>

What can we do to help this? and can our clan and server be of any use to the PB Bans family. .. pardon me for sounding rude but your input would be as much use as a cardboard leg in torrential rain .. its tantamount to cavemen asking for a machine gun and forgetting to order the bullets :D

Ya i hear ya man. All i can say is I love 1.0 and we dont' want to leave. We are not alone. As for how we verify that someone is cheating. We make numerious demos of a player and confirm IP address all the time to make sure its all kosher. We then have a group of admins review each demo. This si the est we can do and it has been working prety well. After someone is found to be guilty of either wallhack or aimbot we ban them from servers and send out mass e-mails to all server admins with the demo and player IP. It ain't perfect and yes the men and women who view demos are fallible and can make mistakes. Still its the best we can do and we have so many admins checking demos we basically dont make mistakes at all. As for why i even attempted to join. LOL. Well i guess i jsut wanted to let you guys know the 1.0 community is alive and kicking. I know i cant stream anything to you since PB is a non entitiy on RTCW 1.0. We are those "cavemen" as you put it, out there fighting the good old fight that you men faught before you went to 1.33 and 1.4. We will always be there fighting. As long as the 1.0 Master server is up our group of server admins will continue the fight to bring justice and fair play to the RTCW 1.0 servers. God bless RTCW 1.0 and god bless PBBans.

lmao

how do you ban ?

most ip's these days are dynamic and if i used a hack on any 1.0 server and got banned i could be back on the same server within 5 minutes of any ban being sent my way with a new name,new ip, and same hack, if i wanted to that is :P

all those man hours spent trawling through demo's and logging ip adresses rofl ... make it all a lot easier and join the "new age" revolution ..drop the clubs and learn the art of nuclear weaponry punkbuster style :D

We do have some people who can change their IP that is true. However the mod we have called S4ndmod has bannig software that works. As for the ones who change their IP we can usually spot them becuase they will have similar numbers each time. In some instances we ban entire IP spectrums. Its not perfect, far from it in fact. But we are doing a good job of keeping the popular servers hacker free. As for joining the new age, with all do respect sir you can blow it out your bum bum.LOL. We love 1.0, we love our community and we love to pursue hackers.

Edited by GUMP

We do have some people who can change their IP that is true. However the mod we have called S4ndmod has bannig software that works. As for the ones who change their IP we can usually spot them becuase they will have similar numbers each time. In some instances we ban entire IP spectrums. Its not perfect, far from it in fact. But we are doing a good job of keeping the popular servers hacker free. As for joining the new age, with all do respect sir you can blow it out your bum bum.LOL. We love 1.0, we love our community and we love to pursue hackers.

like i said ..stone age stuff re bans

S4ndmod is a pretty primitive shrub and the banning process used is the bog standard ip banning system that came along with the very first quake games

absolutely useless for anything pbbans related,in fact, absolutely useless for anything except to keep a bunch of retro gamers happy with their hacker free delusions it seems roflmao

enjoy ...oh, and happy pursuing :lol:

Thank you sir. By the way, havent you ever had a dream sir. A dream you could not do away with. I have a dream sir, a dream that one day 1.0 will be organized and controlled. I have a dream that one day all gaming brothers can look back and say "I was there, i was there when GUMP and other good men stood up to the hackers and cheaters, I was there........I was there."

God Bless you PBbans, and God save the rightious.

Edited by GUMP

• 2 months later...
Guest S4NDM4NN

Just curious since you said that banning by IP was no good what do you ban by... lol. Oh no not my guid let me pull out the handy key gen woo ahh look at that new guid. oh no not my mac address click on the change macaddress bat woo ahh new mac address.

Your banning sucks just as much as anyone elses does.

S4NDMoD just bans the range of the isp the IP is coming from that usually fakes care of that

s4ndman .. i deleted your account and regretted it later ... a mod for rtcw without punkbuster support is totally useless for pbbans and what we are trying to achieve ..if you have any rtcw queries you can mail me at this address [email protected]

the same go's for Gump ... any queries can be directed directly to me.

just to reiterate ..PBBANS requires PunkBuster to be installed and running .. when you achieve this hop aboard

banning by Ip range just bans a whole lot of innocent folks as well as the cheater, if your happy with this arrangement then feel free to continue

by the way you might take a minute to read this, it concerns players with multiple cheat offences/pb hacks/ warez guid's etc

Wednesday June 30th, 2004

The cost of hacking on PunkBuster servers has just gone up significantly. PunkBuster now computes Hardware GUIDs for various pieces of hardware on players' systems while playing on PunkBuster servers. We use multiple private one-way hashes so that no serial number information for individual computers can be determined by admins or anyone else who may try to obtain this information from a Hardware GUID (and as always, no personal information of any kind is examined, stored or transmitted by PunkBuster). When players raise a violation that corresponds to hacking or interfering with PunkBuster's normal operation, we now (in addition to Global PB GUID bans) are Globally banning the new Hardware GUIDs across all games supported by PunkBuster (including games supported in the future). So punks who are determined to cheat so badly on PB-enabled servers that they try to hack PunkBuster may now need a new computer in addition to a new cdkey in order to return to PunkBuster servers. As with previous PB GUID Global bans, the new Hardware GUID bans are permanent and will not be lifted. As always, players who are affected by these Global bans will still be able to play on non-PB servers. Honest users should never "test" hacks that claim to interfere with PunkBuster. We have successfully tested this new feature set over the past few weeks for a few supported games and will be rolling it out to all supported games over the next few days and weeks. Additionally, PunkBuster servers will be updated to signify whether kicks for Global bans are for PB GUIDs or the new Hardware GUIDs.

Guest S4NDM4NN

The hardware guid is truely against the law unless you agreed to let them do it. All that does is turn the PunkBuster into a nice Spyware project that lags your game anyway... well i cant fairly say it lags your game with out giving some sort of explanation for it.

I dont have a great vidcard and when i play version 1.0 i pull 125 fps capped. But when i am playing 1.4 (on a punkbuster server) and am running the punkbuster process along with wolf my vid card seems to pull a sweet 20 fps. thats proof enough for me. But idk maybe it is something else anyway goodluck to you guys here sorry i came in as a hot head.

we also started something like this for rtcw 1.0 and demo: www.RTCWhackers.tk

S4NDM4NN

I jsut noticed that a bit of an argument started here between Fozzer and Sandman i beleive. I also think the problem is now over since you both appeared to reconcile. As for GUMPS status. LOL. I know i cant stream for ya and all that but i did donate 20 bucks becuase I care about waht your doing. I hope my accoutn wont be deleted but if it is, please use the money i sent in good health AND LONG LIVE PBBANS (we linked ya on our site) www.rkuprising.com

Edited by GUMP