APB - All Points Bulletin (Thoughts?)

Everson

I played this for an hour last night when I was very tired but my first impression of it is: it's a good game with some huge potential.

I also like the way they've merged in clan management and I believe I even saw some league options.

I suppose the downside of it is

I won't touch any game that goes down the pay per play route. If all games go that way then I'll stick with the classics.

Nowt wrong with a pay per play game if it is a decent MMO - I love my Eve Online :D

As for APB - it is a bit rubbish. :(

Think the lower graphics bug me a little and I did notice that whenever I was shooting it felt a bit limited.

Ultimately though not every game is going to be like COD4 and we seem to be seeing a DLC/Subscription trend.

Think the lower graphics bug me a little and I did notice that whenever I was shooting it felt a bit limited.

Ultimately though not every game is going to be like COD4 and we seem to be seeing a DLC/Subscription trend.

No locational damage, so a shot to the toe does the same as a shot to the head. That really ruined APB for me :(

No locational damage, so a shot to the toe does the same as a shot to the head. That really ruined APB for me :(

Wouldn't be the first game though - who knows maybe they'll sort it out.

I pay for a dedicated game server, a separate web server and yet another server we use for TS (among other things), f*ck right off if I'm shelling out even more for a game that I may or may not play from week to week.