Setting up my Bad Company 2 Server

Hydrashock

Good evening. Let me first say THANK YOU to Evenbalance and PBBans for the work you do. I have donated and I intend to help keep you funded as best I can.

With that said, I have a dedicated server with a very good dedicated connection, just not a dedicated IP address. Is it still possible to run a BC2 server using a dynamic DNS pointer service? I don't see that you can enter that information into PBBans.

Deeper into the server issue: where and how do you change the RCON port and password?

If this goes well, I plan to move this server to a dedicated IP on a dedicated server behind a DS3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

Hydrashock

First of all, let me just throw out there that we only allow servers to stream to us that are hosted in a data center. See streaming requirements.

Second, it is not possible to use DNS masks to set up streaming. The pb_sv_uconadd command only allows for IPs/subnets.

As for changing the RCON port and password, a provider would probably be able to help you out more.

So you have the BC2 files? If so, that's a big no no to begin with even though I believe they should be given out or at least some portion of it to allow for mods/maps/addons/etc.

Server version R17 is available now (planned roll out for Sunday 25th) which should take care of cracked servers via whitelisting anyway.

The server patch itself won't do that but that will be accomplished soon though. ;)

Oh - No. This is not hosted in a datacenter. Sorta sucks for me but it's good for the game and keeping the punks at bay... keeping the rules tight on streaming PB, that is.

Thanks for the replies.

HS

I'm confused as to how you can have a Battlefield: Bad Company 2 server, not hosted in a DC (by an authorised reseller), when there are no public server files for this game...

Edited by Everson

I'm confused as to how you can have a Battlefield: Bad Company 2 server, not hosted in a DC (by an authorised reseller), when there are no public server files for this game...

BC2 and MoH beta server files got leaked last month :P

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/6622/myislegal.png

How embarrassing for that GSP?! (news must have slipped by me, d'oh).

If I recall at least 2 rsps got breached a few times. One no longer offers any battlefield games and the other still does.