BFBC2 streaming server list

ToM6666

Hi guys, Our clan have started to get a little jaded with regards to the blatant hacking that we are being exposed to that is increasing exponentially over time.

I have been doing some reading up and I am now reasonably clued up on the related issues and restrictions imposed by EA that impede the ability to find solutions.

We have decide that the best thing we can do is only play on our own server where we can remove suspicous players and only play on servers that have PB enabled and are streaming to PBbans. we realise these systems are not 100% fool proof but it is the best we have and we want as much protection as possible.

To that end I was wondering:

1) Is there a list of BFBC2 streaming servers and if so is it updated often?

2) If so, where is it?

A request / suggestion

I imagine we are not the only clan with this issue and solution. Correct me if I'm wrong but I imagine the only current way to make this work is to manually add participating servers to your favourites list.

Is there a way that I can import the list of streaming servers directly into the games config via copying and pasting so they are all instantly showing in my favourites list?

Is there or could there be a .exe that could automatically do this for me. One that could be a monthly downloaded self executed file that would always ensure that we have the latest list of safe servers without too much effort directly imported into our favourites list.

If all non cheating players / server owners did this I believe would have the following effects:

1) The servers allowing the use of hacks would quite soon just be full of people hacking against each other (leave them to it, it's all they deserve)

2) Once server owners are aware that they may be losing traffic to servers on the approved list, they will be more likely to sign up for streaming

3) Confidence in the game will rise as players can once again play on a level playing field.

4) If good servers go bad and are banned from streaming, the server will be automatically removed from the favourites list with the next update. This will help to protect against players joining a server they think is safe when it isn't becuase they didn't know to manually remove it from there favourites list.

It probably wouldn't happen but if EA games could also incorporate this into the software for future games it would be a positive step.

i.e. the game would have the option to tick a box for servers that stream to PBBans.

For now if I have to I will add them manually but would be interested to know where we are with this and if it is possible.

ToM

There is a list of streaming BF:BC2 servers, however it's only accessible to SGA's (so you'd probably be wise to hand pick a select few and post them on your forums).

You'd need to click on MSI link and copy the server description in each instance in order to find the server.

Unfortunately there is no way to mass import/find by IP - can't say DICE would see a huge demand for this either...

http://www.pbbans.com/msi-server-list-bfbc2-36.html

1) Is there a list of BFBC2 streaming servers and if so is it updated often?

2) If so, where is it?

http://www.pbbans.com/msi-server-list-bfbc2-36.html

Updated in realtime. :)

To get the IP+port into a joinable servername, SGAs can use the tool here: http://account.pbbans.com/servertools.php?

Alternatively, you can use gametracker.

A request / suggestion

I imagine we are not the only clan with this issue and solution. Correct me if I'm wrong but I imagine the only current way to make this work is to manually add participating servers to your favourites list.

Is there a way that I can import the list of streaming servers directly into the games config via copying and pasting so they are all instantly showing in my favourites list?

No clue if possible, especially since servers are stored in favourites by their GUIDs. :/

~

/*Pisi*/

:ninja:

There is a list of streaming BF:BC2 servers, however it's only accessible to SGA's (so you'd probably be wise to hand pick a select few and post them on your forums).

You'd need to click on MSI link and copy the server description in each instance in order to find the server.

Unfortunately there is no way to mass import/find by IP - can't say DICE would see a huge demand for this either...

Okay mate, thanks for the reply.

Could you please clarify what an SGA (Server something admin?) is and and MSI link?

Also, Where would I go to establish which servers stream so I can publish them on our forum.

To get the IP+port into a joinable servername, SGAs can use the tool here: http://account.pbbans.com/servertools.php?
Alternatively, you can use gametracker.

No clue if possible, especially since servers are stored in favourites by their GUIDs. :/

~
/*Pisi*/

:ninja:

Hi matey, I have tried loggin to the tool section indicated and it says "Account manager - access denied".

I've then tried using gametracker which in every case so far, gives a server name that has more letters than I am allowed to enter in the search box in game.

Do I just have to keep working through the list, adding them to gametracker untill I find one that is short enough to do a search on or or is there a tip you can give me to assist?

I've also tried joining the server through gametracker which after downloading the relevant software just joins the game not ther server.

I've also tried adding the the servers to the gametracker light software on the PC but then that says that BC2 doesn't support auto joining?

Ta mate

ToM

Looks like Pisi-Deff gave you the link to the Staff AdminCP, SGA link for BF:BC2 tools is: http://account.pbbans.com/servertools.php

Bear in mind GameTracker will only help you identify servers, it won't tell you which stream to us or not.

Thanks mate, I've just put the IP address of the first server on the list into the search server tool and it came back negative ( I did put the port as well?)

I have to say I am fast losing patience with this game.

I am trying to work with it, but even adding a few specific servers to my favourites appears to be an unnecessary pain.

Idon't want this to turn into a flame against EA so I am going to say no more on the matter.

Moving forward, I just want to be able to:

1) identify a streaming server - Tick, I can now do this.

2) find out it's current name - ticked but so far can't use the information becuase there appears to be a letter limit in the in game search box.

3) Find a way of searching for the identified server in game and adding it to my favourites in game - not ticked.

I can't believe such a simple task is not possible in the year 2010, it defies belief that a product can be produced that doesn't have this basic requirement.

I am straying into flaming EA territory again so i will stop now.

Many Thanks

ToM

Nice one and the names are up to date as well, many thanks.

Have you any suggestions how i can input the data into the games search engine. My understanding is that it has to be exactly right and is case sensitive.

Most of the servers there exceed the amount of letters I appear to be to put in.

Thankyou everyone for your continued patience on this matter.

sincerely

ToM

partial search is supported in game

it is case sensitive

Thanks guys, I now have a good quantity of protected servers in my favourites which the rest of the clan can add to theirs.

Many Thanks

ToM